Lieutenant
The last 3 consoles I have made since the last patch have been Rare (Blue) Diburnium Hull Consoles.

Identical.

Could just be coincidence, but it seems rather odd - I have never even gotten two in a row that matched before, and now I've gotten three of the exact same one with the exact same rarity.

Anyone else seeing anything odd in their console making?
Captain
# 2
07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagrojaneway View Post
Anyone else seeing anything odd in their console making?
A search should pull up a couple threads on the topic. But yes, I've stopped making them as I got like 6 greens in a row. The first console was a purple that I sold for 35m as a joke as the lowest one listed on the exchange at the time was 70m. Was very surprised that I got that.

I just buy the strange alien artifacts and nuke them. Make about 300-500k each time. Not that I need to do so but gives me a use for the particle traces.

Do remember that most of the time, the doffs suggested by your first officer or the department heads are not the best choices for the assignment. You may want to review your doffs to see if you find anyone better.

Hope this helps.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lieutenant
# 3
07-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I know how it goes, LOL, I have made 100's of consoles. Sold some up to 90M before.

I'm asking if anyone has seen any thing odd this weekend in particular - and I don't see any threads that recent.

The last three I have had this weekend have been the same exact console - which has never happened in the 100's I have made. I've never even gotten two in a row before, let alone three. And of the same rarity.

Something seems very odd since the last patch.
Captain
# 4
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
To me it's been like that since it was first introduced.

Good luck to you
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 5
07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Selection bias: your brain only remembers cases that stand out.
Combined with a low sample size, this guarantees your perception is wildly incorrect, as would anyone's.

In truth, it's a lot less hassle to program purely random results than making the system unecessarily complicated. And programmers hate unecessary complications.

Last edited by quiscustodiet; 07-01-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
Selection bias: your brain only remembers cases that stand out.
Combined with a low sample size, this guarantees your perception is wildly incorrect, as would anyone's.

In truth, it's a lot less hassle to program purely random results than making the system unecessarily complicated. And programmers hate unecessary complications.

Wow, over think much? LOL.

My perception of what is wildly incorrect?

I keep seeing replies where I don't think anyone actually read the post, LOL.

I've made 100's of these things.

THE LAST 3 HAVE BEEN IDENTICAL DIBURNIUM HULL BLUE QUALITY CONSOLES.

Out of all the consoles available, I've gotten 3 of the exact same one, exact same quality, IN A ROW.

That's odd.

It stands out to me because I've never gotten 2 of the same one in a row, let alone 3.

I was just asking a freaking question if anyone else had seen anything strange like this since the last patch. I was not making up a conspiracy theory, I was not saying it was some programmer doing it on purpose, but I just found it very odd.

Last edited by anagrojaneway; 07-01-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
To me it's been like that since it was first introduced.

Good luck to you
You've had 3 in a row come out identical since it was introduced?

I was not complaining about what rarity, or what was coming out - just that I've had three identical ones - I would have thought the same if they were three purples.

It's not what I got, it's that I got the same exact console three times in a row - same name, same type - which is very odd based on my experiences making 100's of these things.
Ensign
# 8 same here
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM
i had the same thing happen last week got 2 indentical consoles in a row.
I've also had the assignment finish and say i got a blue console but on collect it was a green. I did submit a ticket but haven't heard anything back.

I reckon there's been a significant drop in purple consoles going back 3-4 weeks.
I've upgraded doffs to all purple with traits and seem to get less than i was with a mix of blue and purple.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
you veteran console-makers, where can I get doffs that will help me crit on the console fabrication?

Are there any tricks to getting more alien artifacts? they're currently 800k on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
you veteran console-makers, where can I get doffs that will help me crit on the console fabrication?

Are there any tricks to getting more alien artifacts? they're currently 800k on the exchange.
Doff mission "Return artifacts From Archaeological Site" can drop Alien Artifact on crit.
Available only in 2 sectors:
Fed - Omega Leonis Sector
Kli - Sirius Sector

Edit: Main mission "Negotiate delivery of rare commodities" of course....No matter outcome (Fail or Succsess)you get the Alien Artifact.
Im stockpiling them until I have the right doffs.

Last edited by goltzhar; 07-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.