Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Ya, this is really sad on STO's part. They really need to take the mission out if they cant fix it. I have done everything I can think of and nothing helps. I have 3 fleet are having the same problem. What a bust for STO...
Lt. Commander
# 32 still not fixed
09-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I have tried to do this twice and it is still not working. they need to get this fixed. I played it once before and it was fine and worked but try today and not working.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I had the same experience this evening. I did fail to talk to the first colonist before rescuing the invisible colonists below. I had to drop the mission and make sure to talk to the first colonist right where you beam down the next time. I think that as long as you make sure to talk to that first colonist, that everything will work as it should.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
OK, so I'm a Rear Admiral 3 now, and I went over to the Hotep system to try out the Collateral Damage mission. Upon reaching the planet, the Borg and Undine were fighting, killed one another before I finished reading all the text my Bridge Officer threw at me, which may be a problem if the Devs didn't intend this to be possible, but it's all good since the way to the planet was clear either way.

So, I beam down... and after reading the sit-rep from my Bridge Officer, I immediately attack the Undine and Borg, vaporize them all and... there's nothing there. No colonist to save, no civilian, no nothing! However, the spot where the colonist was supposed to stand, was reactive, so I did get the "Tag for Beamout" prompt at which I enthusiastically pressed my 'F' key.

All good, I thought to myself, and rushed to the next encounter. So, after several encounters, that were not even counted by the game, I managed to tag 5 "nothings" for Beamout, after which the Borg Force Field Nodes weren't even activated so I couldn't target and destroy them to drop the Borg Shield!

Long story short, I had to drop and re-take the mission and re-do the whole thing and this time, Cryptic-knows-why it all worked as planned. I think that's a bug, but I really don't know how it could be reproduced since I haven't done anything special, other than perhaps allowing the Undine and Borg to destroy themselves above the planet before beaming down.

And now, for my question: In that last stage, when you have to defend the escaping shuttles, were the Borg Spheres actually pushing my ship away? It was extremely annoying especially since there wasn't (as far as I could see) any indication that it actually was the Borg pushing me away from them and the shuttles, it all seemed like I was constantly rubber-banding!
Did you tag the colonist on the first run through? Where the Borg and Undine are fighting at the spawn point there are several pieces of Borg equipment. The Colonist behind one of the columns has to be tagged for transport or else the mission will be exactly as you described it; no Colonists by the other Borg mobs and the force field nodes will remain inactive.
I assume you tagged the Colonist on the first run through seeing as you said you changed nothing but the mission completed on the second run through, but I ask because I had the mission in this state once after forgetting to beam up the first Colonist.
Ensign
# 35
06-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Tried 4 times no shield generators. I talked to the first colonist
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
07-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh great. This is all we need... Borgified Zombies.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Ensign
I too have this issue, I have redone the "Safe Paths" mission a few times, and the same result happens every time, I dont know if i am missing something here. After I go to the 5 shuttles there is a Borg sphere. The shuttles don't move just sit there in space. Destroyed the Borg (5) in total and return to the shuttles. They just hover in space and don't move at all.

I have gone around the planet and looked if there is any other thing I am supposed to do but can't seem to find anything. Do i need to start this whole mission over, I mean from beaming down to the planet etc...? Sheesh i have redone this particular mission so many times it's infuriating.

Any ideas anyone.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammaris7 View Post
I too have this issue, I have redone the "Safe Paths" mission a few times, and the same result happens every time, I dont know if i am missing something here. After I go to the 5 shuttles there is a Borg sphere. The shuttles don't move just sit there in space. Destroyed the Borg (5) in total and return to the shuttles. They just hover in space and don't move at all.

I have gone around the planet and looked if there is any other thing I am supposed to do but can't seem to find anything. Do i need to start this whole mission over, I mean from beaming down to the planet etc...? Sheesh i have redone this particular mission so many times it's infuriating.

Any ideas anyone.
finally after doing this over and over a few times i decided to do the whole mission over. I must have missed something or, you can not redo just the "safe Paths" mission, which ever it is i am pleased that it did work out. Okay.. Destroyed the Undine and Borg ship's then beamed to the planet to rescue the colonists and retrieve the data, once done beamed back to the ship and went to place the charges in the orbiting platforms. Here i got my ship very close to each platform and beamed the charges down to all three, after this the msg about the shuttles came through. I flew towards the beacon and as soon as I heard the beacon I could see the shuttles start to move. I followed them and then encountered the Borg Sphere, destroyed that and the shuttles moved again, destroyed the remaining Borg and the shuttles went to warp. I think what I may have done wrong is this... previously i noticed the enemy on screen, I flew towards the shuttles and the mission recognized that I had completed the first step, but i then went for the Borg and destroyed them, and then... returned back to the shuttles. If you have issues with this mission re-try and but dont engage the Borg until you have met up with the shuttles and they DO start to move.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Played this previously with another toon and it worked fine. Now, I've gone in and out of the mission several times and you can't get the opportunity to knock out the force field as they're totally inactive...broken again...
There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous