Lt. Commander
# 271
05-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koioc
ANyone know how I can get more foundry mission slots. It says I need 7000 dilithum and both my characters have way over that?
That's a well-documented bug that's (hopefully) being worked on as we speak. Hopefully it'll be ready for the launch of season 6.
Lt. Commander
# 272
05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koioc
ANyone know how I can get more foundry mission slots. It says I need 7000 dilithum and both my characters have way over that?
This is a bug, and the devs know about it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 273
06-03-2012, 07:01 AM
The bug is fixed! Just wanted to let you guys know.
Lt. Commander
# 274 Foundry Issues
06-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi Cryptic & forum,

First off, I absolutely love STO and the foundry. Thanks, Cryptic, for making this game such a great one.

Next, I wanted to point out a few things that are really making me bump my head when trying to design missions.

1. All available starship bridges have a master systems display for the ship they represent (except for the Galaxy "unity" bridge which shows an Akira class ship on the master systems display.)
  • In order to use a bridge for any ship, the master systems displays should be removed in the foundry.
  • We need more bridge interiors (with working doors) available in the foundry!
  • For the Galaxy class bridge in game, please remove the Akira master system display or replace with a Galaxy class display. (Has a bug been filed for this?)

2. There is a category for "Rings" but there is nothing in there. I was trying to make Saturn with its thick, multiple rings but there was no way to do so.

3. Corridors. Currently all Federation interior walls are steel-looking with eerie blue lighting. What about the luxurious look of the Galaxy class ship? We need more bulkhead options, corner pieces, rounded walls, curved computer console walls, and carpeted floors!

4. LCARS. All of the displays on the custom console parts are blue, and don't look very Trek. This is also a gripe of mine in game. It seems like a lot of the consoles are very industrial looking, and not very sleek. Can Cryptic put some LCARS displays into the foundry? I notice a few cropping up in the main game, like on the Odyssey and Beflast bridges... this is awesome!

5. The ship inside drydock bug - I tried the trigger method shown on Starbase UGC, but as soon as the drydock appears, the ship inside jumps above it. Maybe a quick fix could be that certain objects in game, like drydock, would have collision disabled.

6. Earth Spacedock - It's the old version. I wanted to make a mission that started with a ship launching ceremony at Earth, but I have to implement a lot of clever workarounds because the new ESD does not exist in the foundry, and also because of the drydock bug above.

Thanks for reading!! :-)
Josh
Lt. Commander
# 275
06-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Shuan
2. There is a category for "Rings" but there is nothing in there. I was trying to make Saturn with its thick, multiple rings but there was no way to do so.
You don't need the category - just place your planet, and there should be a "ring" option in there somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 276
06-04-2012, 08:46 PM
@ThePsychoticVulcan - Yes, I do know about the "ring" option when you place your planet on your space map, but the ring options are very limited. The ability to create multiple, multi-color, thick and dense rings of particles is nonexistent.
Lt. Commander
# 277
06-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Shuan
@ThePsychoticVulcan - Yes, I do know about the "ring" option when you place your planet on your space map, but the ring options are very limited. The ability to create multiple, multi-color, thick and dense rings of particles is nonexistent.
I hate that.
I had a grwat planet design where it had one ring in between the equatorial belt and the southern pole, and another ring in the northern equvilent.
Not happening. >:-(
Lt. Commander
# 278
06-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Since when was there a costume budget?

I made over 50 uniquely designed NPC's for my first mission, then on my second I've only got 39 costumes yet somehow I've expended my costume budget. This is outrageous. Often times I have to use costumes to make the characters fit their roles. I can't have a doctor looking like they're ready to take on a the entire Undine race...
Lt. Commander
# 279
07-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Do we have any kind of idea of what is coming with Season 6 in terms of the foundry? I'm waiting on starting part two of my series to see if some stuff I'd like to use will be in there.

Specifically I'm looking for:

1: Caitians as a costume race option

2: Delta Flyers as a ship costume option

3: EVA suits as a costume option
Career Officer
# 280
07-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicochavez View Post
Do we have any kind of idea of what is coming with Season 6 in terms of the foundry? I'm waiting on starting part two of my series to see if some stuff I'd like to use will be in there.

Specifically I'm looking for:

1: Caitians as a costume race option

2: Delta Flyers as a ship costume option

3: EVA suits as a costume option

Check out tribble, or at least the tribble release notes, it'll show you everything that's been added to the Foundry so far. About your wish for Caitians to be a costume race option, they already are, but you first must purchase the playable Caitian from the C-Store.