Starfleet Veteran
I can't use the new material on my Intrepid. It shows on preview but can't be applied. My ship has Intrepid/Bellerophon parts mixed and I'm wondering if this si the reason. If so, why is it an issue? I mean it looks fine in the preview.
Commander
# 2
07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Do you have any shields with visuals enabled? they overwrite the selected material of your ship.
Career Officer
# 3
07-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Let me guess, you sail the Retrofit too?

For those not in the loop, the new Veteran material simply doesn't show up as an option if you use the Intrepid saucer. if you use any of the others, including the Belerophon, it shows but will not "stick" as the active hull material. If you look carefully, you will also see that one of the pylons doesn't change the material type while it is selected.

The Retrofit has a few long-standing bugs with its costumes. One of them being that you cannot change the windows of the saucer from Type 1 if you kitbash using the Belerophon saucer. Another is that the Belerophon's saucer has impulse engines where there are phaser hardpoints... so it fires phasers (beam arrays) from the engines.

But yeah, this is likely a symptom of the issue where the Retrofit is not linked to the Tier 4 version of the ship and doesn't properly inherit modifications. I suspect this is due to the Ablative Hull Armor effect geometry embedded in the model.

Last edited by x3of9; 07-02-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Correcting typos.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
This new ship haul material is also not working for the FREE Odyssey class starship as well. Just tried to apply the haul material & it will not stay.
Banned
# 5
07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm having the same problem with the Odyssey as well.
Works fine on the Anniversary Bortas though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
Do you have any shields with visuals enabled? they overwrite the selected material of your ship.
The problem is the ship itself. The material only shows up for 2/4 ship variants and it doesn't apply on the ones that it does show up on.
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I have the same issues with the Intrepid Retrofit and the basic Odyssey.

Z
Career Officer
# 8
07-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll have this problem in 13 days....
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Career Officer
# 9
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Does anyone have any screen shots of this new skin? (For those who's actually works).
I read the dev's blog and saw the picture there, but I can't see any difference myself. Probably cause I'm not familiar with the starcruiser.

I hope they get it fixed before I hit mine in a few weeks. I'd like to put it on my Intrepid too.
"Your uniform is very... informative." -- The Doctor, to Seven of Nine
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-06-2012, 05:05 AM
I'll have this problem as well in 19 days

Now where did I put my fighting monkey,cos someones getting a can of whoop ass opened on them

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS."-- Grant Morrison