Lt. Commander
# 21
07-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Check out the Non-Fleet Corsair Retrofit, Same as a Marauder in everyway except like Crew and hull from what I remember looking at it. So if you liked the Marauder but hated the look you get the sameship with a new skin.

The Fleet version on the other hand has a completely Different Boff layout.
I used to like the Marauder but Wished it looked like the Corsair so thats a plus. EXCEPT I bought the Garumba recently which gets no love with Fleet.
Also bought the Dread for Fed, same Issue. sigh.
Lieutenant
# 22
07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Haven't tried any of these yet, but the BoPs and Raptors look interesting. I wonder if the Somraw will turn better then the Qin simply because its smaller.

The Negh'var would be cool for my healer, boff layout of the marauder with the bonus of a cloak!

Also, who cares what the feds got or how many consoles they have, we always make better use of what we have. And yes everyone needs an orion dancing girl, mine will rip your face off with heavy cannons!
Koopa27 -X-treme
Republic Veteran
# 23
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake45 View Post
Love the Corsair, it means I can finally put my Orion in an Orion ship. Bit meh on the Qin, would have liked a uni ensign. The Somraw has the Eng ensign but less HP and Eng consoles and a ton less shields so I guess I'll be staying in a Qin regardless.

The BoPs are interesting, not sure either replaces the B'rel, which is good.

There should be more to come but so far, I like them much better than the Fed ones we've seen so far.
I'm hoping maybe they will put a Dacoit or Marauder in with a 3rd tac slot!
Empire Veteran
# 24
07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I was hoping we'd get to customize some of the Ens slots at a cost (or make them uni's).
But, the variations so far look interesting.
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
Captain
# 25
07-02-2012, 04:15 PM
As I said in another thread, where the frack is my Flar'fi? Turn rate increase and uni ensign plz.
Captain
# 26
07-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I assume they are all endgame level ships, as thats the idea that was given in the Priority One podcast with Al on the fleet ships.

The only one that threw me off was the Ning'Tao, at first. Then I noticed that it has a commander, (2) LTC, and a LT universal BOff slots. So the 16k hitpoints made more sense.
That's a really powerful Universal BOFF mix, but you pay for it by having an even more fragile hull than the flimsy B'Rel. That BOFF setup can really let some of us cut loose, but that hull allows no room for failure
Career Officer
# 27
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM
[SIZE="2"]Sadly the Ning'Tao is the only one that interests me. Maybe a vorcha a bit later on, once the fleet has had its fill.[/SIZE]

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 28
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
As I said in another thread, where the frack is my Flar'fi? Turn rate increase and uni ensign plz.
[SIZE="2"]karfli and the guramba aren't getting upgrades, same a the galaxy X, and Atrox[/SIZE]

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 29
07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzy4 View Post
[SIZE=2]karfli and the guramba aren't getting upgrades, same a the galaxy X, and Atrox[/SIZE]
I remember seeing mention about the Guramba as it has no special console.

However, both the Kar'fi and the Gal-X both come with a console.

Was a rationale given specifically for these two ships or are you assuming?
Career Officer
# 30
07-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I remember seeing mention about the Guramba as it has no special console.

However, both the Kar'fi and the Gal-X both come with a console.

Was a rationale given specifically for these two ships or are you assuming?
[SIZE="2"]The Galaxy-X has a phaser lance that's not on a console, and I remember the Kar'fi being mentioned in the same section of the interview. Oh the Excelsioir also won't get one, the transwarp on that one.

Honestly, the Kar'fi and the Atrox are both head scratchers to me, neither have consoles, and it can't be just cause they're carriers, cause the Vo'Qov got an upgrade, although not what it should have (a third hanger)[/SIZE]