Lt. Commander
# 41
07-14-2011, 06:38 PM
A buddy and I tried this out. It is functional, but the quality is not so good, even with only two people. If you switch to using open MIC, things get really bad, while it says "open mic" it really only activates after you start talking, so you have to say something, then say what you wanted to say. Using a button to talk, when in combat is not so good. I disabled the in game voice, and will be using teamspeak for flleet stuff, and skype with small groups. Nice start, but stlll needs work.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
After playinger several MMO games with there own version of integrated voice chat this implementation is by far the best. Great job!
Ensign
Been trying to get my "Logitech Premium USB Headset 350" to work with the voice chat. All my Windows Vista SP2 settings are correct because when I test it in Windows the headset works.

I'm playing the STO free-to-play thru Steam and when I connect my Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 the Steam app finds my headset and picks up my voice without any problems.

When I go into STO (not in a Team or Fleet) and try to set my Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 I get no response in the volume meter when trying to test it. I have checked on the STO game Sound option has my Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 listed as an input and output device for sound. I have turned up the input in the STO voice chat section (i know its not called that) and still nothing.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? And input would be great!!

Thanks!

Last edited by orlux; 07-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Me and a couple of friends tried to get the ingame voice chat to work recently and it ended up being a pain as it seems to lose connection everytime you load a new zone so we were constantly having to disable and re-enable the voice chat option in the menu after each zone load during the missions. Because of all the difficulties, I ended up looking to other options and found Teamspeak 3 to be the best as you can find many free servers on their list and use one of those. I wish the ingame voice chat worked better as it was kind of cool seeing your character move their mouth when you talked but at least Teamspeak 3 seems to work for me all the time.
Ensign
# 45
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks, I'll have to check out that software and see if STO friends want to install another software just so I can chat with the rest of them.