Empire Veteran
# 631
07-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
I don't really think they are broken either. A number of the people that play the stf's are broken but that's not the games fault. And that's more of what the thread is about. You'll notice in many of the senerios listed here we could be talking about the same person, over and over and over. LOL
I think STF are broken.
Yesterday I ran several STF. The CSE. We we end up and got optionnals. But we wait for 2 minutes before the button appears to let us leave the map.
I ran 6 Khitomer STF (ground or space). 4 on 6 we started ? 4 and we end up at 4 sometimes at 3. And the drop was crap and rubbish. It's not normal we can start Khitomer with 4 player and no one come while we play. By the way it's not normal there is more leaver in khitomer than any else STF.
Making hard stf again and again broke STF...
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Captain
# 632
07-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
I think STF are broken.
Yesterday I ran several STF. The CSE. We we end up and got optionnals. But we wait for 2 minutes before the button appears to let us leave the map.
That is one of those things that are getting people annoyed, i know it looks like a minor thing but people get annoyed and leave before the box comes up - which in turn suckers people who are queued up to start into a game that has ended allready, it has a knock on effect
Commander
# 633
07-01-2012, 11:14 AM
point taken guys, but think about it. drop rates for good stuff are rubbish, and the *coughs*crapboxes*cough* are worse than ever. invisa crits are a nightmare, and it gets old when stfs are the only real end game content other than nascar pvp. i, personnaly, still think its scary that the longest running post in the forums is a rant
Captain
# 634
07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Isn't Cure the one with the three cubes and the Klingon ship in the middle?

Just played it on normal. I always go left to keep that cube busy and the generated ships that pop up from time to time. I go after the spheres as well. Normally I get the spheres finished when the first cube goes and other players start floating my way.

I took that cube out and had all of the spheres and the generated ships taken out of the middle cube and the rest of the group was still dealing with the cube on the right. I have to wonder if they had taken out the spheres first or had skipped them and gone after the cube first.

We still got the optional which surprised me but it came down right to the wire.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 635
07-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Must have been lucky ... 15 PUG Elite STFs in a row, optionals included, 3 Mins left Minimum ...
So atm worst STF Experience was when we finished ISE with 3 Minutes left
Captain
# 636
07-02-2012, 01:54 AM
had an interesting one today. in the end it payed off, but it was bad, really bad.

so here is this guy, lets name him Barney. we are on infected elite. first we engage the cubes and spheres. he starts off luring one sphere away from the cube to the right. why? we dunno. then he ofc dies by that cube's hands(? ). so we kill the cube, and as we are closer to the right transformer all of us go for that.

and thats when the problems started. Barney decided he wants to go left. so what does he do? goes right, ignores the cube, and attacks the generators. hokay, we are attacking the right side, Barney ignores the chat. we destroy the generators, try to destroy the transformer. we hadnt enough DPS (I have a really really good science DPS build, but as a sci I had to divide my attention between the transformer and the incoming nanites, so we were short by 20%).

as usual here a guy jumps ship, Barney is oblivious anything that is not on the left (now he is starting to struggle because he has some spheres on him, so his death streak starts). so the three of us left try to concentrate on the right, destroy the cubes, save what we can. we could destroy the transformer.

now comes the best part. we thought we were good, because we could destroy loads of spheres and the transformer. what we didnt know how many spheres Barney brought out of the magic gate. plus the cube was still there. so I alone took on the cube, because now we had some disagreement. one other thought we should thin the spheres, one was silent, one was Barney, and I thought we should go for the cube, and bring everything on us. after I killed the cube the others realised what I am trying to do, and it was quite effective. we could destory the transformer, and we could finish the game.

it took us 40 minutes... basically if we hadnt the guy who exited we would have finished in less than 30 minutes.

moral of the story? dont be an idiot like Barney, and do not jump ship if the optional is lost. plus try to think things through

Last edited by ferdzso0; 07-02-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Career Officer
# 637
07-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Had a major fail on Infected Space (normal) earlier.

Now, I know I'm not the only one who can often tell how well, or badly, an STF will go based on what occurs at the beginning.

Well, this was one of those that really didn't look promising from the start. It LOOKED promising, at least initially; we had a Galaxy-X, a Vo'quv, a Defiant, a T5 Galaxy and myself, using my Science toon in my Intrepid (Bellerephon) Retro.

How wrong was I - the Defiant turned out to be a rainbow beam-boat, the Galaxy X whilst doing fair DPS, had paper-shields and the Galaxy appeared to have good shields but terrible DPS. The Vo'quv did pretty well, although didn't do anything to stop the probes advancing from the gate.

Anyway - the final transformer popped and everyone started firing at the generator. Sadly, not even close - no-where near enough damage was being done and, despite my attempts at slowing the advancing nanites, the generator wound up healed. In the meantime, the Galaxy flew off and decided to start shooting at the right-side transformers.

Cut a long story short, we wound up with spheres EVERYWHERE. Seriously, I lost count. Tried some crowd control measures, but wound being ganged up on by four spheres, and wasn't receiving any assistance - hardly surprising since everyone had groups of spheres hastling them. In the meantime, BOTH generators remained untouched, although the Galaxy had popped all of the transformers on the right-hand side one.

All in all, this last somewhere around 45 mintues, and after watching the Galaxy go boom as a result of a barrage from yet another swarm of spheres, realised that A: the generators were both still at 100% and B: everyone was too busy fighting the multitude of spheres and probes to pay any attention to the generators.

Have to admit, at that point, after barely surviving (courtesy of Ablative Armor), a pounding from being caught in two sphere tractorbeams and realising that the Galaxy-X had used some common sense and bailed, I flipped Evasive and moved out of range of that disaster, and bailed too.

Honestly - this is the sort of failure that I'd expect on Elite, not normal!

Last edited by reyan01; 07-02-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Captain
# 638
07-02-2012, 03:37 AM
We were just finished with bacon and eggs and some of the Odyssey pilots of the fleet were wanting a relaxing start to the day's operations.

In order to create some communication between fleet pilots and PUGs we all said good morning on entering mission.

We got a hostile remark from the PUGs in the map saying "why are you saying good morning, it's afternoon here". I was like LOL. The world is not flat. Just wanting to break up the nonsensical confrontation I proceeded to coordinate the Odyssey pilots in shorthand so they knew what to target, where to go and assign the correct number of ships to counter first the BoPs then the Raptors and the Negh'vars all in record time.

These are mature players who were at first very afraid of the 'noob bashing' hostile environment of STFs and so they joined my fleet for demonstration runs and ramp up their skills to Elite level STFs and PvP competitive play.

PUG, who speaks very highly of his "Fatherland" and telling us how us Americans suck and we were posting BS in chat continued to be a background annoyance for the rest of the mission and accused me of flaming him continuously with my shorthand.

I sort of told him off that they were completely innocent team comms, not meant for him and we proceeded to win the map + optional without his support. Because you know, someone spending 50% of his time in the chat box can't be doing much DPS at all, and my Newbies in Odysseys (tm) were demonstrating superb formation battle drill thanks to shorthand tactical orders.

Besides, my shorthand isn't at all hard to understand - especially after posting on chat that most of my group run USAF-style roleplay.

"Chevy 2 engage MiG29 at Kang"
"GW on B52s on tgt 3"

I could understand these at age 4. Pfffft!

I also cannot think of anyone that would find a B-52 Stratofortress offensive.. unless he's Communist and living in the 70s in Asia
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 07-02-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 639
07-02-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
We were just finished with bacon and eggs and some of the Odyssey pilots of the fleet were wanting a relaxing start to the day's operations.

In order to create some communication between fleet pilots and PUGs we all said good morning on entering mission.

We got a hostile remark from the PUGs in the map saying "why are you saying good morning, it's afternoon here". I was like LOL. The world is not flat.
Sorry, but it's really funny
That's why I like chat in stf
Empire Veteran
# 640
07-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Yesterday night I ran a really weird KASE.
We started wrong. Not together but one by one. And then the Tac cube shoot us one by one...
We killed it. I went on the left taking probe. A fed tac went on the right taking probes.
3 players had to kill nodes, cubes and transformers. One said something. And they realized they are from Texas. So then they went into a stupid blahblah about Texas. Texas rules, America is best. Whole of world is ****. English speakers as second language are b****. And... We totaly failed Because while they were busy to say bad words against everything is not from Texas. They forgot to play