Lt. Commander
# 51
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvicious666 View Post
Is the Luna the Recon Science Vessel? That's what I have too, if it is.

I play it more aggressively though. Charge right up to a group of spheres, hit Feedback Pulse 3 and Brace for Impact w/2 purple shield distribution Doffs. Shield drains, antiproton sweep... although I'm starting to miss my crowd control abilities. I got HE3 and TachBeam3... maybe I'll get GW1... GW3 just didn't 'do it for me'.

I have been thinking about going AoE sci for a while now.

Recon Sci Vessel, USS Ultima

Fore: 3x Quantum Torpedo Mk XII AntiBorg
Aft: 3x Polaron Turret Mk XII AntiBorg

Jem Hadar space set

Eng: 2x SIF Generator Mk XII Blue
Sci: 4x Field Generator Mk XI Blue
Tac: 3x ZPQC Mk XII Green

Weapons Battery
Engine Battery
Deuterium Surplus

Three Purple Projectile Weapon Doffs
Two Purple Shield Distribution Doffs

Lt Tac: TT1, CRF1
Ens Tac: TT1
Lt Eng: EPtS1, EPtS2
LtC & Com Sci: HE2 & 3, Feedback Pulse 3, Energy Siphon 1, Tachyon Beam 3, 2x Tractor Beam 1

I have both TT and both EPtS keybound to spacebar, always on, and FBP3 & BfI keybound together for when I start to get shot at.

Maybe some things are a little excessive, I know (looks at field gens). Although, I've done the math with those torps, and three quantum with three pwdoffs is the highest DPS you can get from torps.

I suggest you do a quick search for Cygone's Nebula build; one of the latter posts did a whole workup of dps with various setups of beams and torps. What he found is that if you ran with two torps (I believe, with 2 projectile doffs photons were best) and a DBB, your dps would be better overall. Plus, a DBB gives you access to target subsystem abilities, which are invaluable to a science ship...especially one built as an off-tank torp boat. As for science abilities, having a grav doff with grav well 1 is very, very nice. It can proc several times, ensuring that any loss of dps on probes is made up for the fact that the lil' suckers can't move.

So really, I'd suggest taking out a tractor for grav well, a torp for a DBB, and a tact module for one pertaining to whatever dmg-type you toss in for the DBB. And I haven't really looked into it, but there is a new doff passive ability that does the grav well proc for tyken's rift. Perhaps it'd be worth looking into instead of grav well?
Lieutenant
# 52
07-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehen View Post
I suggest you do a quick search for Cygone's Nebula build; one of the latter posts did a whole workup of dps with various setups of beams and torps. What he found is that if you ran with two torps (I believe, with 2 projectile doffs photons were best) and a DBB, your dps would be better overall. Plus, a DBB gives you access to target subsystem abilities, which are invaluable to a science ship...especially one built as an off-tank torp boat. As for science abilities, having a grav doff with grav well 1 is very, very nice. It can proc several times, ensuring that any loss of dps on probes is made up for the fact that the lil' suckers can't move.

So really, I'd suggest taking out a tractor for grav well, a torp for a DBB, and a tact module for one pertaining to whatever dmg-type you toss in for the DBB. And I haven't really looked into it, but there is a new doff passive ability that does the grav well proc for tyken's rift. Perhaps it'd be worth looking into instead of grav well?
I've spent more time looking at Cygone's posts than he has, I'd bet. LOL

I'm not sure if I want to go all in on AoE CC type stuff, or go with the single target debuff type sci abilities. I change my Boff abilities on an almost daily basis lol. As much as I like Feedback Pulse 3, it seems like it doesnt do enough... not to mention that I have to be the one they're targeting to get it to fire at all. Sometimes I'm not and I don't use it, other times I'm firing tons of blue blasts for 6-800 hull dmg each to 6 different ships.

Gravimetric scientists are awesome however, I had a blue one for quite some time.

I would run this Mk XII 2x Acc CritD Disruptor DBB I just found... but I'm running high aux and shield power, no weapons. Weapon power setting is like 37/25 after the JemHadar set bonus + skill bonuses. This ship doesn't have the Eng stations to use all those nifty EPtRandom Subsystem that Cygone has listed, as I discovered a LONG time ago that EPtS needs to be active as often as possible.
U.S.S. Ultima, NCC-100101-X, Fleet Recon Science Vessel
U.S.S. Demi, NCC-100101-Z, Peregrine Fighter
U.S.S. Spaceball 1, NCC-123456, Tuffli Class Freighter