Lt. Commander
# 51
07-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm not a fan of tholians in EV suits. I would prefer them having some kind of portable personal field generators that contain environment which can sustain tholians.

How do they put on those suits?
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.

Last edited by kwiat007; 07-03-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 52
07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
How do they pot on those suits?
they are a crystaline race. What makes you think they "pot" at all?

I have read several books, notably the Destiny and Typhon Pact, where Federation President Bacco deals with the Tholian Ambassador on several occations. Each time the author brings up the EV suit.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
07-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I like what I see so far I don't normally go onto beta as I like to keep the content fresher longer, so I can't wait to see what else is in store for this iconic race

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Lieutenant
# 54
07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkerry View Post
Sorry, I got caught in the rumor mill. mikeward1701 corrected my mistakes. I post rarely in the STO Forums, so maybe I should keep it to myself until things actually happen. Mr. Ward, thanks for the correction, and I meant the first Open beta, basically the precursor for "Tribble".

[SIZE="4"]I want the Devs to see this - so I am SUPERSIZING this that their blind eyes might see.

I have been with this game since January 2010 - Yes the very first beta test. And I have delt with a lot of CRAP from the verious POWERS THAT BE. Lock Boxes! Zen! But, when you start taking the stuff I have had from the beginning, that is just not right.

I bought the Limited Box edition on this game from Gamestop in December of 2009. Part of that deal was the acquisition of the TOS Constitution Class ship - as they said "Own your own Enterprise!" . So, your taking my Enterprise!And word on the street is that it will not be moved into the new Season 6 game play. Do you realize that there are fleets out there doing TOS scenarios as part of their Fleet game play. Ours had TOS Tuesdays for the longest time. We were thinking about revivng it. So, are you going to go the next step? Are you going to throw away the TOS package set from the Cryptic Store? What other content are you going to take from us? ARE WE JUST USERS? We spent money on that stuff, and, unless we throw it away, we should still be able to use it!

There is another in my Fleet that has been running a Miranda Class, and was hoping to finally get a refit when we get a Starbase, but, since it was a ship that came with no special device, he is now going to loose it! And he is livid over this. He has upgraded that ship with every possible device to keep it going. Why? Because it is the ship he wants to fly. And you are taking it from him.

I HOPE YOU ARE SEEING THESE WORDS - BECAUSE IT IS COMING FROM A PISSED OFF ORIGINAL LIFE TIME MEMBER!!! AND I HAVE BEEN WITH A FLEET SINCE GAME START - FEB 2010!!! PULL YOU HEADS OUT OF THAT DARK PLACE AND PLEASE SEE THE LIGHT!!!

DO NOT TAKE THE TOS CONSTITUTION CLASS SHIP, OR ANY OF THE OTHERS, OUT OF CIRCULATION - REFIT THEM AND LET THEM KEEP THEIR ORIGINAL SKINS FOR SEASON SIX!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
If you're upset over the conversion to zen, you really have no idea wha you're talking about.

The exchange rate is such that the change is 100% efficient; the value in USD is exactly the same. You will not be losing a thing.

Last edited by pyrophile; 07-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 55
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow, just wow!!! These look awesome!
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
07-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Any new species added to STO is major plus! I can't wait to fight some Tholians but i can't help but wonder how we pissed them off so much that now we're fighting ANOTHER enemy. Is this still the hand of the Iconians or did we accidentally step over a galactic line into Tholian territory? I can't wait for the answers!
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Career Officer
# 57
07-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Finally some light at the end of a really dark tunnel to look forward to.....
Career Officer
# 58
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophile View Post
If you're upset over the conversion to zen, you really have no idea wha you're talking about.

The exchange rate is such that the change is 100% efficient; the value in USD is exactly the same. You will not be losing a thing.
Wow.

Here is a link for you.

http://www.literacy.uconn.edu/compre.htm
Captain
# 59
07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Tholians in a space suit, er LOL. What an idiotic idea. I mean they use slave races to do stuff they dont wana do you know cryptic they are like the dominion in that respect. So i highly doubt they would have enviro suits.
In "Future Tense", the Tholians were willing to board the Enterprise. Earlier, Reed had reported that the ship's interior was far too hot for any humanoid life to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Enterprise doesnt count. :p
Why not?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 07-07-2012 at 11:41 AM.