Lt. Commander
# 51
04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garax View Post
Got to agree with both.

I know I will like the game, but it is certainly gaudy giving me the impression the game is being designed for kids needing instant gratification. Here's hoping it will be for adults, (no, it's too far in for me to start playing EVE).
Well, I'm an adult and I like the screenshots.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-09-2009, 11:47 PM
[quote=Awen]The latest screenshots of Star Trek Online are now in our gallery. You may have seen them in the Epic Battleaxe interview, if not - then they are definitely new to you.* Go check them out!

Link to the news article.[/QUOT

they are some great shots keep them coming graphics seems to be getting sharper too well done
Lt. Commander
I am intrigued to know how they will handle away missions. I presume that landing zones will be a limited territory similar to the areas in Knights of the old republic where you can explore within the boundary of the zone, but not beyond the edges. Otherwise we would be able to land anywhere on a planet and wander about, which i think is beyond the scope of a game that is focused on space. However, i will be pleasantly surprised if i am wrong and we can just land on a planet and wander. One of the things that I find limiting about EVE online is the inability to leave our ships and meet in the starport bar for some gossip and a cocktail. This game has the potential to be all that EVE is with the ground game as well. I cant wait to see how they present the ground encounters.

Tem
Lt. Commander
# 54 I like but
04-10-2009, 11:09 AM
yes do like the shots, but somehow they feel a bit too much cartoon to mee. id love to see the ships looking more like metal. dont know if i got my point thruogh, but somehow everthing looks like toys...
Just a bit more realistic look would be grate.

and PLEASE remove the rocket trails in the final version: there r now rocket trails in star trek. thats star wars... star trek has cool warp evects.

greetings
mIsixth
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mIsixth View Post
yes do like the shots, but somehow they feel a bit too much cartoon to mee. id love to see the ships looking more like metal. dont know if i got my point thruogh, but somehow everthing looks like toys...
Just a bit more realistic look would be grate.

and PLEASE remove the rocket trails in the final version: there r now rocket trails in star trek. thats star wars... star trek has cool warp evects.

greetings
mIsixth
I am hoping (and betting) that the 'Rocket Trails' will removable in the Options. Craig Z stated their purpose was as an aide to the player for orientation purposes --- sort of like 'space water wings'.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I like the vorcha screen, makes me want to play BC or sfc3, that ship is just my favourite klingon ship.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I am hoping (and betting) that the 'Rocket Trails' will removable in the Options. Craig Z stated their purpose was as an aide to the player for orientation purposes --- sort of like 'space water wings'.

If its possible to deactivate them, im happy! Im wondering what the final lightning will look like. so far everything is bright. hope there will be some sort of moody shadowing... its still a long way till the release. so everything will turn out nice! I HOPE!!!

greetings
markus
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
The Klingon vessel is looking much more deadly in this pic