Commander
# 31
07-03-2012, 07:08 AM
First here's a simple Shadowcat Wallpaper, the background is something I found from Thundercats.

...and here's my suggestions for our fleet starbase name, for the poll coming up.

• The Eye of Ferasa

• The Eye of Shadow

• The Shadowcat's Eye

• The Shadowcat Lair

• The Shadow Post

• Ferasa Space Dock

• Shadow Dock

• Shadow Force One

• Shadowcat Prime

EDIT NOTE: Lower capped the letter 'C' in "ShadowCat" ...Wasn't supposed to be capitalized, my bad.

Last edited by kalecto; 07-03-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
07-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I saw the fleet message.

Hi

So anyway, on the starbase names, ANYTHING that has ShadowCat can't be ShadowCat because the ranks are Shadowcat not ShadowCat. If you messed up the capitalization that badly I wouldn't be happy. I personally liked my idea "Shadowcat Palace" better than these, but if I had to choose one, it would be "Shadowcat Prime" because it reminds me of my last MMO ... and the idea is good as well.
# 33 Vote Now!!!!!
07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Alright Shadowcats, TIME TO VOTE!!!

Rank them in order of preference. We will use basic polling math (first place = 25 points, seconds place = 24 points, etc) the top 4 will be put into a bracket and we will have a "playoff". I will keep this poll open for two weeks. Both rounds of the playoff will last one week. So we will have a final name by the end of July (hopefully to coincide with the launch of Season 6).
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Commander
# 34
07-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
I saw the fleet message.

Hi

So anyway, on the starbase names, ANYTHING that has ShadowCat can't be ShadowCat because the ranks are Shadowcat not ShadowCat. If you messed up the capitalization that badly I wouldn't be happy. I personally liked my idea "Shadowcat Palace" better than these, but if I had to choose one, it would be "Shadowcat Prime" because it reminds me of my last MMO ... and the idea is good as well.
Those were just my suggestions, as I had not previously suggested anything and the capital 'C' thing was a mistake sorry, thanks for pointing it out!
Republic Veteran
# 35
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Those were just my suggestions, as I had not previously suggested anything and the capital 'C' thing was a mistake sorry, thanks for pointing it out!
The poll has been corrected. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Last edited by commadorebob; 07-03-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 36
07-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Voted. May the best name be #1.
# 37
07-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Good choices, though I have missed preliminary brainstorming for naming ideas. I would have added "Nexus Of Shadow."

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 38
07-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Hey, fleet!

I thought I should show my face and say hello to everyone; I'm one of the founders of the fleet and I try and keep tabs on everything going on, but since I only tend to log Rras on at odd hours I haven't been able to make as much of a contribution as I'd like.

Part of this is because I'm usually on my main character and we tend to use the fleet channel rather than CatPhone so it's hard to keep a finger - er, claw - on things. Still, feel free to contact me (@manofstijl) if there's anything I can do to help... I'll be happy to switch over to Rras to take care of any fleet business I can.

Now, a little about me? As I said, I'm typically on my primary character, Fed-side, J'rai, Caitan (Hiss!). My main interest in this game is roleplay but I do both normal and elite STFs; I've even had the good fortune to run some with the amazing Risa Squadron. On that note if anyone is interested in joining either social RP or storylines, I'd be more than glad to help. More often than not there's something going on on DS9...

Anyway, I'm very proud at what this fleet has become! I didn't expect anything much when I got an out-of-the-blue offer to be one of the founders of a new group (in fact, the idea of a single-species fleet sounded silly) but we've really grown and we have some AMAZING members. I can only assume it's because it takes a superior individual to recognize the appeal of playing a Ferasan.

Rras@manofstijl
Empire Veteran
# 39
07-04-2012, 03:15 AM
It was so obvious, I missed it. The base name should be The Cat House!

/ducks behind a gorn

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 40
07-04-2012, 07:35 AM
We have 19 replies to the poll for out Starbase Name so far! Early results are interesting. While there is still no clear favorite, there are two we obviously hate. I'll share all of the results when we this poll is over.

You have until July 17 to vote! In the spirit of Chicago: Vote Early; Vote Often!

Last edited by commadorebob; 07-04-2012 at 07:37 AM.