Quote:
Originally Posted by dabelgrave View Post
Power Presets
F9 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1"
F10 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2"
F11 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_3"
F12 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_4"
Oh, great, thanks.

EDIT: Now that I can play with it, is there also a way to switch between those presets with just one key, something along the lines of "load preset_next preset"? Have tried a couple, but I'm no expert.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 07-03-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 402
07-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Oh, great, thanks.

EDIT: Now that I can play with it, is there also a way to switch between those presets with just one key, something along the lines of "load preset_next preset"? Have tried a couple, but I'm no expert.
As far as I know, there is not a pre-built command to go to the next power level. But you have a couple of options, neither really pretty.

You could go the route of having multiple keybind files, four in this case, where each press of your power key sets the desired power level but also loads the next keybind file which will bind the power key to the next power level. The last keybind file will bind the power key to the fourth power level but have it reload the first bind file. Essentially:

keybind_file1
x power1$$ load keybind_file2.

keybind_file2
x power2$$ load keybind_file3.

keybind_file3
x power3$$ load keybind_file4.

keybind_file4
x power4$$ load keybind_file1.

Again, not a pretty answer. Especially if you have a large keybind file because any changes to the other keybinds would have to be replicated 4 times. The orginator of this thread uses a similar technique to change his team tells to change up the wording so it is not always "Attack the baddies" ad infinitum.

The other option involves making the keybind change the keybind after every press. While I am not going to write out the whole solution, it would be something like this:

x "power1 $$ bind x "power2$$bind x "power3$$bind x "power4$ reset""""

Where pressing 'x' changes the power level, but also rebinds the 'x' key to the next power level. The 'reset' at the end would actually be an alias command that would be put in your CommandAlias.txt file as:

reset bind x "power1 $$ bind x "power2$$bind x "power3$$bind x "power4$ reset""""

If you don't know, CommandAlias.txt files are stored in Localdata directory. In my instance, it is c:\users\public\games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata, but YMMV.

Hope this helps in some fashion as to how you would like to implement your suggestion. Again, neither is pretty, but they should do what you want.

Update: The above 'commands' are just for logical thought process use, not actual commands that you can copy and paste into your keybind files.

Last edited by bds007; 07-04-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Captain
# 403
07-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
The other option involves making the keybind change the keybind after every press. While I am not going to write out the whole solution, it would be something like this:

x "power1 $$ bind x "power2$$bind x "power3$$bind x "power4$ reset""""

Where pressing 'x' changes the power level, but also rebinds the 'x' key to the next power level. The 'reset' at the end would actually be an alias command that would be put in your CommandAlias.txt file as:

reset bind x "power1 $$ bind x "power2$$bind x "power3$$bind x "power4$ reset""""

If you don't know, CommandAlias.txt files are stored in Localdata directory. In my instance, it is c:\users\public\games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Localdata, but YMMV.

Hope this helps in some fashion as to how you would like to implement your suggestion. Again, neither is pretty, but they should do what you want.

Update: The above 'commands' are just for logical thought process use, not actual commands that you can copy and paste into your keybind files.
That is pretty much what I had in mind. But given there're only 4 power presets (and that I may not need them all, anyway), finding a couple unused keys might be far easier. This solution (while really nice, given the possibilities) would be far too much trouble in this case. But thanks.

Starfleet Veteran
# 404
07-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I thought I'd share a few useful keybinds I've just put together. First are binds to select need or greed options.

Quote:
<key> "GenButtonClick Needorgreed_Need"
<key> "GenButtonClick Needorgreed_Greed"
Second, I'm used to using my mouse wheel for camera zoom, but after trying to use it as a throttle in space, I like that option too. To give me both of these options, I've created two bind files with the different mouse wheel binds.

Quote:
Camera Zoom
Wheelplus "AdjustCamDistance -15"
Wheelminus "AdjustCamDistance 15"
Middleclick "bind_load_file Space2.txt $$ Playersay Switched to Mousewheel Throttle."
Quote:
Throttle
Wheelplus "throttleadjust .25"
Wheelminus "throttleadjust -.25"
Middleclick "bind_load_file Space1.txt $$ Playersay Switched to Mousewheel Zoom."
Now if I can figure out how to keybind my way through dabo...
Career Officer
# 405
07-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
That is pretty much what I had in mind. But given there're only 4 power presets (and that I may not need them all, anyway), finding a couple unused keys might be far easier. This solution (while really nice, given the possibilities) would be far too much trouble in this case. But thanks.
That is why it is useful to combine commands to keys. The following are my ones to engage and disengage from battle:

Prepare for Battle, weapons at full, turn auto attack on.
F9 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1$$defaultautoattack 1"

Battle Over, shields at full, turn auto attack off.
F10 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2$$defaultautoattack 0"

Granted, you might have other reasons to change power levels, but you can encorporate those as well in other scenario keybinds.
Commander
# 406 Need Major Help
07-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Ok I'm new to the whole Keybind and all of this looks like gibberish... It was a sort of shock I guess.

What I'm asking for is to be able to my 4 EPtXs skills, balance shields, and fire weapons all on the Space Bar. If anyone can assist me in this, it would be so ever loving awesome! Start slow and move to the hard stuff

The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 407
07-05-2012, 10:08 AM
This is not meant to sound rude, even if it does. Please read the very first post of this thread. It is an introductory post to keybinding and will probably answer most of your questions.

After that, attempt to make the keybind you wish, and if you have problems, we will be happy to help you. This is that 'teach a man to fish' mentality.
Captain
# 408
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
That is why it is useful to combine commands to keys. The following are my ones to engage and disengage from battle:

Prepare for Battle, weapons at full, turn auto attack on.
F9 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1$$defaultautoattack 1"

Battle Over, shields at full, turn auto attack off.
F10 "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2$$defaultautoattack 0"

Granted, you might have other reasons to change power levels, but you can encorporate those as well in other scenario keybinds.
Well, I'm switching power presets based on who (what) I attack mid-combat. I could combine that switching with firing of specific abilities, but the power transfers are too slow for that (when I use a Tyken's rift, I need the auxiliary power to already be at max, not for it to start flowing there). That's why I'll rather keep all that on separate keys (and also because when I need a Gravity Well, I really don't want to cast a Tyken's Rift and vice versa).

Career Officer
# 409
07-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Good point.

However, between Alt, Ctrl, Shift, and no modifer, you have hundreds of keys you can define. Make 4 keys in close proximity. If you have a 104+ keyboard, us the Insert/Delete/Page Up/Page Down keys to definitively assign a power level. This way, in the heat of battle, you don't accidently send power to Engines when you are about to launch a power. Plus, you don't have the small amount of lost time while switching settings.

My 2 EC
Career Officer
# 410
07-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Skywalker,

To do what you want you will need to have a long keybind. Because of that, you might have to press the same key multiple times before all abilities fire. This is because they specifically did not want the creation of an 'I WIN" button.

That being said, the following will allow you to fire all beam weapons, distribute shields, launch your four EPtx powers. Well, actually, it will launch the powers that are in tray 3, slot 1 through 4. But if you learn this, you can adapt it to your own config:

Space "FireAll$$trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 0 2 1$$trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 2 2 2 3$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"

The trickiest ones are the tray exec commands, as you have to realize computers start counting at 0, not 1, so your first tray, slot one would be 0,0. The above command has a required "1" then the first power tray and slot and then the second power tray and slot. I used this twice for your four power option. But remember, due to the length, you might have to hit it a couple of times for all to work.

Edit: sorry, missed some of the requirements my first pass.

Last edited by bds007; 07-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.