Captain
# 11
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachenhaut01 View Post
account guard is almost as annoying as having to log completely out to change characters, but hey its not like cryptic actual listens to the players when it comes to stupid ideas.
Didn;t you have to do that anyway with the current system? I know I go back to the login screen when I change characters currently.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 12
07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
When you will come up with *real* security features, like a one time token (WoW calls it Battle.net Authenticator, RSA calls it SecurID). Account Guard is a sham... Ok, better than nothing, but still not really a "security feature".

Join date: Jan 2010 - Original Forum Name: Rules.Of.Acquisition
Career Officer
# 13
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roacquisition View Post
When you will come up with *real* security features, like a one time token (WoW calls it Battle.net Authenticator, RSA calls it SecurID). Account Guard is a sham... Ok, better than nothing, but still not really a "security feature".
RSA calls it "got hacked". http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...is_hacked.html

This is a good system. It's not perfect, but it'll get used by more of their customers than a keyfob would.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Just to keep this momentum going.... YES for the love of V'ger, add a Switch Character button instead of just a Log Out. I only have THREE characters and it drives me insane. Now that there's a "Guard", it's time, c'mon.... :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
How can we identify them so we can see what they're doing? Will they have a name or just a string of characters?
You name the access point. If you've ever used Dropbox it's exactly like that.

It's really no trouble other than waiting for the first e-mail. Almost the same experience as setting up Steam on a new machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roacquisition View Post
When you will come up with *real* security features, like a one time token (WoW calls it Battle.net Authenticator, RSA calls it SecurID).
Battle.net isn't a one time token. It lasts for a while on the same machine. TOR is a true one time token, and it lets you switch chars without logging out.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 07-03-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrafortune View Post
From the FAQ linked in the news article, I think a lot of you might want to pay attention to this part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post

Pretty much the above. I did the log-in to my account, got the crap e-mail, and then went in and turned it off! I'm sorry, I don't need or want Cryptic to know what computers I'm logging in on.

Thank you for the time...
Career Officer
# 16
07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Very true they do not listen when it comes stupid ideas, and when they do listen to the good ones they strip all that was amazing about the idea......so we are stuck with a finished product that was a huge waste of time, because it was not done right the first time.
Career Officer
# 17
07-04-2012, 10:30 AM
So I logged in.. But no account guard.. What is it supposed to ask/look like?
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landerx74927 View Post
So I logged in.. But no account guard.. What is it supposed to ask/look like?
If you just logged into the website, that's not gonna do it.
After you've logged in, you need to click on 'My Account'. Once that page is up, click on 'Create/Manage Subscriptions'. That will give you another login prompt w/captha.

After you login, another login page, of sorts, will come up telling you to check your e-mail. The Account Guard code will be in a e-mail. Copy/paste or type the AG code where prompted to and finish the log in.

Once logged into your account info, click Main Menu. With the Main Menu options displayed, click on 'Manage Account Guard'. You can then manage or turn off Account Guard.

Thank you for the time...
Career Officer
# 19
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Ahh.. It worked. Thanks for the tip!
Empire Veteran
# 20
07-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Mostly security theatre, much like the TSA.

If you can access the database, you can access the list of approved machines...
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING