Starfleet Veteran
# 121
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I swapped ooc and mission info? Woops. I thought they were all ooc. Being colourblind, they both look the same when I played through.

I'm working on that NPC trigger that makes dialogue dissapear in my second mission. Now I know what I'm doing, I can go back and edit it.

Fog effect on the final map? I didn't put one on. There was an ash effect on jeroan farmland 2, to help represent the breakup of the planet, but not the final map. I'll have a look into that.

Thanks for the review and tips. It's greatly appreciated.
Glad I could help.

The effect I was referring to is on the last map. There seems to be some sort of white out effect that turns everything white except the planet, the ships and the satellite. I?ve seen this effect used before and it has issues. It would probably be the background effect if you did not select a specific effect for it.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 122
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q403 View Post
Evil, can you please remove The Omega Theorm on your review list. I will have one for you soon.
I will remove it from the queue today.

Thanks for the heads up.
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Captain
# 123
07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
The story would make more sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
Glad I could help.

The effect I was referring to is on the last map. There seems to be some sort of white out effect that turns everything white except the planet, the ships and the satellite. I?ve seen this effect used before and it has issues. It would probably be the background effect if you did not select a specific effect for it.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Brian

Curious. I didn't notice that when I played through the published version. I did change the planet from the version it was on Jeroan Space 1, from class m to class x. I'll try changing the background to a more standard starry one, see if that makes a difference. Unless it's a result of a Foundry update that went in after I tested it.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
07-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Curious. I didn't notice that when I played through the published version. I did change the planet from the version it was on Jeroan Space 1, from class m to class x. I'll try changing the background to a more standard starry one, see if that makes a difference. Unless it's a result of a Foundry update that went in after I tested it.
Here is a screen grab I took of the effect I am referring to.

At first I thought it might be the atmosphere of the planet but I did not get any rumble effect and that usually turns the whole screen completely white. I saw this effect in another mission several months ago and made the same recommendation to remove it.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Last edited by evil70th; 07-04-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 125
07-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Hey evil, I just wanted to drop by and leave a big thank you for all the work you're doing.

It is not easy for Foundry authors to get meaningful reviews and your dedication has likely served many authors over the last couple of months. I wish there were more players like you who are interested in exchanging constructive and detailed critique and reviews - but then I'm awed how much time and passion this must consume.

Anyway, thanks and keep trekking.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."

Last edited by backyardserenade; 07-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Rihannsu
# 126
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah the white-out beffect of an atmosphere is only accompanied by a rumble if you're in the lower atmosphere. If you stay in the upper layers it usually doesn't rumble.
Survivor of Romulus
# 127
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
It may also be a result of having the game set to different graphics levels. I know there are some effects that look cool at high graphics settings, but make the game go white at lower settings. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are, but I'll look them up later.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 128
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
Hey evil, I just wanted to drop by and leave a big thank you for all the work your doing.

It is not easy for Foundry authors to get meaningful reviews and your dedication has likely served many authors over the last couple of months. I wish there were more players like you who are interested in exchanging constructive and detailed critique and reviews - but then I'm awed how much time and passion this must consume.

Anyway, thanks and keep trekking.
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it and I do enjoy the game. Helping my fellow authors is something I really like doing. It is nice to know it is appreciated.

Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 129
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah the white-out beffect of an atmosphere is only accompanied by a rumble if you're in the lower atmosphere. If you stay in the upper layers it usually doesn't rumble.
Yes but this map is the same map as a previous one in the mission. Without giving away the mission, there is an event that is occurring at this moment in the mission. I suspect the author selected an effect that I have seen used in at least one other mission. It didn?t work there either.

Thanks for the feedback,
Brian

Last edited by evil70th; 07-05-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 130
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
It may also be a result of having the game set to different graphics levels. I know there are some effects that look cool at high graphics settings, but make the game go white at lower settings. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are, but I'll look them up later.
This map was a copy of any earlier map in the mission with different objectives and I did not change my graphic settings in the middle of the mission. I always play at a higher level graphic setting since I improved my chip and cooling system. I suspect it is an effect that I have seen used in another mission a while ago. The effect itself is most likely not working as the DEVs intended.

On a brighter note I plan on getting back into the queue tomorrow morning to make some progress.

Thanks for the feedback,
Brian