Starfleet Veteran
# 21
07-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymersto View Post
If you just logged into the website, that's not gonna do it.
After you've logged in, you need to click on 'My Account'. Once that page is up, click on 'Create/Manage Subscriptions'. That will give you another login prompt w/captha.

After you login, another login page, of sorts, will come up telling you to check your e-mail. The Account Guard code will be in a e-mail. Copy/paste or type the AG code where prompted to and finish the log in.

Once logged into your account info, click Main Menu. With the Main Menu options displayed, click on 'Manage Account Guard'. You can then manage or turn off Account Guard.

Thank you for the time...
Not finding this, either via game or website. In game, it tells me to "Halt Cadet! Area of website blah blah blah". Out of game, when I get to the PWE Billing page via My Account, I'm not getting any Manage Account Guard options.

Any ideas?
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
this would be good if PWE didnt change my registered email address.

short story shot.. the address I used for this is .com not .co.uk
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopicaardy View Post
Not finding this, either via game or website. In game, it tells me to "Halt Cadet! Area of website blah blah blah". Out of game, when I get to the PWE Billing page via My Account, I'm not getting any Manage Account Guard options.

Any ideas?
The 'Create/Manage Subscriptions' link is under Subscriptions in the 'Billing' column (right side) of your 'My Account' page. Clicking that link should bring up the login w/captha page. From there, follow the rest of my comments.

The 'Main Menu' can be accessed from a link in the Upper right corner of the account window (Main Menu|Need Help|Log Out).

Thank you for the time...
Ensign
# 24 Enabling account guard?
07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I've noticed a few complaints and not a lot of actual threads about it I'm curious as to how one enables account guard? It sounds to me like it should be on by default, and for me browsing to the billing portal it is, the game lets me in with no contest though. I've tried turning account guard off and back on in the billing website and it didn't do anything to log into the game itself.

I'm just trying to get this rolling asap, because I know security features like this aren't the best type compared to say an authenticator dongle, but it means the potential account thief has to break through 2 passwords instead of one, and if you notice the email about the code come you can try to change your passwords fast if you're lucky.

This is just really concerning for me and I'd like to set it up since it's better than nothing because two days ago I got an email from Perfect World showing that someone tried to recover my game account name. I doubt they got it, my email and game passwords are different and not used anywhere else. This is concerning that I know someone is actively trying to get in though none the less and I'd like to get this setup ASAP, I've played Blacklight a little but my STO account is the one I'm really concerned about.
Career Officer
# 25
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't think it went live yet, only on redshirt and tribble, unless I missed something today and will find out when I get home soon...

Dec/2008
Ensign
# 26
07-05-2012, 03:15 PM
It wasn't in patch notes but according to the news post the other day it was going live as of today
Ensign
# 27
07-05-2012, 03:19 PM
It's a completely wasted security feature that doesn't work in the slightest. It sends a code to your email to let you login, guess what. A hacker isn't hacking the game he's most likely hacking your email and finding out your password through that. So you just gave him free access anyways. I've got this feature shut to off
Ensign
# 28
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I hope nothing happened to the email you were supposed to send to me, it did not arrive and I am starting to get worried. Did it have an accident?

Half an hour should be enough for an automated system to send few digits right?
Ensign
# 29
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
this so called new security feature, just erased my Tactical officer I worked so hard on for a year. Great going gentlemen, you just lost a player, unless u can help me...
Lieutenant
# 30
07-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Ya well They have Never been Punctual on responding to Tickets most of the time it seems
that the Only thing they Ever Give somebody when they even Finally Respond to a Ticket that
a player sends them are Nothing but Excuses and More Excuses! which is Why i would Never
Fork out Any Cash to them for a Gold or a lifetime Subscription if their Customer Support is This
Poor,it's Sad but so very True.