Lieutenant
I was thinking it must have just been overlooked but you Devs really need to add a Melee weapon section to the exchange
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Melee weapons can be found under the "Personal Weapons" Category.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Yes, but the selection is to limited.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyssa View Post
Yes, but the selection is to limited.
Well what did you expect? In Star Trek, how many times have we seen people fight hand to hand, and how many times have we seen people use phasers? Additionally, compare the number of melee weapons we have seen in Star Trek to the number of phasers and other ranged weapons we have seen. Can you honestly, off the top of your head, name more than three Star Trek melee weapons (the bat'leth, the Klingon dagger, and the Vulcan polearm)?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkan View Post
Well what did you expect? In Star Trek, how many times have we seen people fight hand to hand, and how many times have we seen people use phasers? Additionally, compare the number of melee weapons we have seen in Star Trek to the number of phasers and other ranged weapons we have seen. Can you honestly, off the top of your head, name more than three Star Trek melee weapons (the bat'leth, the Klingon dagger, and the Vulcan polearm)?
Ushaan-tor: The ushaan-tor was an Andorian ice miner's tool that is also used as a weapon in Ushaan duels.

Ahn-woon: a traditional Vulcan melee weapon consisting of a strip of leather with metal balls at the ends used as a whip or noose. It is used by combatants in the kal-if-fee, the traditional mating challenge during the pon farr.

Gin'tak spear: a hand-weapon, a spear used by Klingons.

Glavin: The glavin is a type of weapon used for ritual hand-to-hand combat by the Ligonians. It is a large glove with a recurved claw at the end, and covered with dozens of spines tipped with poison. Lieutenant Natasha Yar used a glavin when she fought Yareena in 2364. Yareena died when she was grazed by one of the spines, but was later revived aboard the USS Enterprise-D

Kut'luch: a bladed weapon traditionally used by Klingon assassins. The weapon has an unevenly serrated blade and is capable of inflicting a very serious wound.

Kuttar: bayonet-like blade weapons that could be affixed to the end of energy rifles for hand-to-hand combat.

Ma'Staka: pugil sticks used in a Klingon wedding. They were presented to all those traveling on the path to kal'Hyah except the groom.

Mek'leth: a Klingon sword-like blade weapon, approximately half as long as a bat'leth. Worf occasionally favored the smaller (and easily concealable) mek'leth instead of the larger, bulkier bat'leth.

Nisroh: a bladed weapon used by Tilonian merchants in the traditional bartering ceremony

Painstik: a Klingon prod-like device used to inflict pain for both ritualistic and submissive purposes.

Tajtiq: a type of long knife used by Klingon warriors.

...counting the ones you mentioned thats 14...shall I continue to prove you wrong?

I'll admit that I had to look some up, but it still proves that they exist in ST cannon.

Last edited by sharyssa; 07-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
there are quite a few trekkies that know these things you know.

the D'k tahg is also a very prominent weapon. All klingons wear one

Last edited by vnixned; 07-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
The devs only have 3 or 4 in the game though. From previous threads, melee weapons are an afterthought for many players here.

I know for myself, the butt end of a rifle works just fine.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-05-2012, 11:44 AM
...and of course the quintessential "Klingon" melee weapon (as much as a Bat'Leth) the "D'k tahg" isn't a weapon you can have. XD
Career Officer
# 9
07-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyssa View Post
shall I continue to prove you wrong?

I'll admit that I had to look some up, but it still proves that they exist in ST cannon.
You didn't prove him wrong at all, their existence in ST canon was not questioned. He never said they didn't exist, his point was regarding what was commonly portrayed in ST.

The fact that you looked them up confirms his point. You couldn't list them off the top of your head.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
You didn't prove him wrong at all, their existence in ST canon was not questioned. He never said they didn't exist, his point was regarding what was commonly portrayed in ST.

The fact that you looked them up confirms his point. You couldn't list them off the top of your head.
...I looked them up for spelling and reference text mostly... more than 3 "popped" into my head is the point.