Captain
So I've been playing the fleet system a little bit and a few things crossed my mind.

First of all is that the Starbase incursion is by far the best way to get fleet marks currently, it's quick, easy on a PUG and rewards around 30 even if you don't get everything. The No win scenario you'd have to hit wave 7 to get 28 marks which is a considerably harder challenge.

I don't have records on the others but I still feel the incursion is by far the most productive method.

Secondly (and this is something that none of us will know about yet) but once all our holdings are maxed out we're going to have very few projects to put resources in to to get fleet credits to spend on provisioned items - I'm not trying to fret in advance, but I want to throw it out there in case.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Secondly (and this is something that none of us will know about yet) but once all our holdings are maxed out we're going to have very few projects to put resources in to to get fleet credits to spend on provisioned items - I'm not trying to fret in advance, but I want to throw it out there in case.
maxing out everything will take ages. some fleets may never get there but there are 3 things to keep in mind.

1) to buy provisioned items you still have to stock your store up via provisioning projects. so you can always run provision projects endlessly.

2) the special project is designed purely to give credits so you can also again run them endlessly.

3) they have said that the starbase is something they will continue to develop. so dont be surprised to see new holdings, projects and tiers appear later on.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
The new daily from "Officer on the Watch?" grants 5 Marks. This maybe some saving for the 1 person fleets our there. Using 5 character alts you could save 25 per day for projects. A project that requires 300 Marks would take 2 weeks to save up enough marks ... or am I missing something.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 4
07-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
First of all is that the Starbase incursion is by far the best way to get fleet marks currently, it's quick, easy on a PUG and rewards around 30 even if you don't get everything. The No win scenario you'd have to hit wave 7 to get 28 marks which is a considerably harder challenge.
I've been doing a lot of the "Blockade" missions on the fed side...they seem to fire the most when I am on. In that one, the best record I've been a part of was 18 of 22 freighters saved and I got 31 marks. I assume everyone else got 31 too, but I don't know as I've only done it in a PUG. It's a fun mission, though
Real Join Date: Feb 2010
Co-founder: TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
tosfleet.com

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
Captain
# 5
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
maxing out everything will take ages. some fleets may never get there but there are 3 things to keep in mind.

1) to buy provisioned items you still have to stock your store up via provisioning projects. so you can always run provision projects endlessly.

2) the special project is designed purely to give credits so you can also again run them endlessly.

3) they have said that the starbase is something they will continue to develop. so dont be surprised to see new holdings, projects and tiers appear later on.
Actually number one and two probably address what I was thinking. Well played Revo.

[/thread]