Career Officer
I wish to ask the developers for Star Trek Online and I apologize if it is more anecdotal or cosmetic rather than a must have fix for an additional item.

Is it possible to have the building which houses Starfleet Medical be added to the Starfleet Academy map, perhaps placed where there is currently a wall with countryside visible beyond and to the left facing where Lt Ferra has his desk? Perhaps even go as far as having working biobeds inside, although that could always be added a future point post building/campus inclusion.

The main reason why I ask is that it is from my point of view hard to have a player character that is a doctor or nurse who is meant to have been trained at Starfleet Medical and where no such building currently exists in Star Trek Online.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Lieutenant
# 2
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd always thought that the Acadamy was seperate to the Starfleet Command complex, even though they're supposed to be on the same side of the Golden Gate Bridge (at least, most of the times that they've been shown on screen).

In "Engdame", the Starfleet Medical building is huge, so I doubt it'd be anywhere near where the current acadamy is located.
Career Officer
# 3
07-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I very much doubt Starfleet Medical is on the same campus as the Academy, I believe that while modern pre-med classes may take place on a university's campus, we have entirely separate teaching hospitals and such for actual medical training.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM
StarFleet, and by extension, StarFleet Academy, and StarFleet Medical are both located on the former site of The Presidio, a former military academy.
Career Officer
# 5
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Only Starfleet Headquarters itself is on the Presidio grounds.

For a long time it was thought that ALL Starfleet facilities were Presidio based. Including the Academy. Future productions of Star Trek television series made adjustments to that assumption. Starfleet Medical and Starfleet Communications R & D are independently located within the city San Francisco itself. Beyond the Presidio. So would only be mixed amongst the silhouetted buildings we currently see from the Academy grounds. As the Academy is the one facility furthest removed from the others.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.