Starfleet Veteran
# 21
07-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
As I recall the original Cryptic forums had the same problem whenever they were working on the account servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanp84 View Post
Hhmmm I hope there isn't a more serious problem,

I too were getting that "unable to authenticate" message when trying to launch the launcher and when I signed into my account on the forum I was met by this -

Subscriptions

Subscribed For: 0 Day

Subscription Status: Inactive

This was on a lifetime account with over 870 days subscribed.
Same for me.

It might be an idea for someone to change the "Server Up" message on the main hompe page to "Server Down"
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Uggg not again! Lost most of yesterdays play time too.

It would be nice if just ONCE these where scheduled not to screw people in the UK.

Why not do them at rolling time intervals like some of the in game events, then everyone in inconvenienced equally? Crazy idea, eh?
Career Officer
# 23
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyborg View Post
The servers are down for maintenance atm. And I can't figure out why my avatar lost it's career officer tag. Oh well, I'll figure it out later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban149 View Post
Uggg not again! Lost most of yesterdays play time too.

It would be nice if just ONCE these where scheduled not to screw people in the UK.

Why not do them at rolling time intervals like some of the in game events, then everyone in inconvenienced equally? Crazy idea, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Same for me.

It might be an idea for someone to change the "Server Up" message on the main hompe page to "Server Down"

The server does appear to be up, I'm in game playing it just now, must have been a quick patching session.
Captain
# 24
07-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban149 View Post
Actually yes... that is crazy. You dont always shift server maintenance times, makes it hard to schedule the people that need to be there, and you dont generally do it during office hours, you do it when it will inconvenience the least amount of people. Since Cryptic is based in the US, they will do it during the night in the US, since they are closed and there are less people on.
Career Officer
# 25
07-06-2012, 12:47 AM
It's just tough. Majority of the players live in the states, they choose the time that inconveniences the smallest number of players. I'm sure the Cryptic staff would rather not be in the office at midnight for 2 hours but they are in order to minimise population disruption. If you live in other timezones like the UK suck it up or get more UK players so that we are the largest player base, then they would change the times to suite.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanp84 View Post
The server does appear to be up, I'm in game playing it just now, must have been a quick patching session.
Nope.

"Account server connection failed"
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm also ingame right now.

Edit: After logging out to switch toons, I can't get back in.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel

Last edited by mandrake45; 07-06-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Actually yes... that is crazy. You dont always shift server maintenance times, makes it hard to schedule the people that need to be there, and you dont generally do it during office hours, you do it when it will inconvenience the least amount of people. Since Cryptic is based in the US, they will do it during the night in the US, since they are closed and there are less people on.
Its not actually uncommon for an MMO to have more than one server. . usually segregated by geographical area to maximise connection speed and minimise these kind of disruptions. Guess cryptic is too cheap.

As for the "don't want to work at 2am" argument, speaking as someone who often works silly hours in the name of customer service. . . Well Boo Hoo, not much sympathy here.

I've tried to be good and suck it up thus far, but 2 days in a row is taking the piss. Do it right the first time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-06-2012, 12:58 AM
ummmmm ..... im logged in right now ? what the hell :/ either maintenance ended really early or someones messed up the times ?
Captain
# 30
07-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm considering reinstalling Tribble, but not until after the maintenance, whenever that'll be
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Closed Thread