Ensign
# 31 most live in the US
07-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
It's just tough. Majority of the players live in the states, they choose the time that inconveniences the smallest number of players. I'm sure the Cryptic staff would rather not be in the office at midnight for 2 hours but they are in order to minimise population disruption. If you live in other timezones like the UK suck it up or get more UK players so that we are the largest player base, then they would change the times to suite.
you say the majority lives in the US really funny how 90% of the ppl i see talking are foreign like German for example
Ensign
here is a link Abbreviatons Time Zone
http://www.timetemperature.com/abbre...ne-codes.shtml

I hope more pertinant (especially since I do not like to calculate)
hello all of paris.
forgiveness for the faults

ne pas poser de limite a la patience c'est la sagesse

Last edited by brettlaforge; 07-06-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Holodeck is alive and kicking.
Ensign
# 34
07-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drysyn View Post
you say the majority lives in the US really funny how 90% of the ppl i see talking are foreign like German for example
That's probably bc most ppl in the US are asleep at that time (or at work)

Its evident tough that there's a lot more ppl playing in the US than in Europe, the prices in the exchange explode practically every night. It just wouldnt make any sense to shut the servers down when the biggest population of this game comes online.

I have a regular job and can live with it, having the tradeoff of better exchange prices (profit!). ppl who work in shifts or smth however are screwed royally.
Career Officer
# 35
07-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptz82 View Post
I lost all but 18mins of my before work playtime, then come home after a long nightshift just wanting to relax on games for a bit, n yay a giant chunk of my after work time is taken too.

Well get some sleep in then hope that i might actually be able to play instead of cramming stuff into a short period yet again. Patch times are fun when your a uk player.
It's not ideal (for us UK players) but it can't be helped.

The longest I can play STO, guaranteed, is before work in the morning - usually 7am - 8:45am, and 1/2 at lunchtime. Today's downtime, obviously, cut into my online time. But these things have to be done.

Can never guarantee to be able to spend a consitent amount of time online otherwise.

Last edited by reyan01; 07-06-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Captain
# 36
07-06-2012, 03:22 AM
OK, I'm guessing it's been extended, no notice from Dev's/Mod's yet though, needs to be quick response from Dev's/Mods if it happens in future, so we know what's going on
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Commander
# 37
07-06-2012, 03:26 AM
removed

10char
Captain
# 38
07-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Okay, I can get in the game, but Cryptic-related things are still down?

Durn it. I have a key and I want my special Tribble >_<

Last edited by beezle23; 07-06-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
07-06-2012, 04:07 AM
no followup post from anyone ??
Republic Veteran
# 40
07-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Dunno why you're moaning about missing game time, I always look forward to maintenance times, it always means new stuff!
Closed Thread