Commander
# 1 EVE style overview needed
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
ok i know its not "needed" but it would be so very much nicer if i could actualy glance to the side of my screen and know exactly what is on grid and how far away and allow me to actualy select them insted of having to either tab through all the targets to get to the one i want or just visualy look for them and select, particuly with those annoying plasma torps that you NEED to locate quickly to deal with before they hit you and there is useualy a borg cube in the way.

Also the would be very usefull for carrier pilots so that one can order the fighters/BOP's to attack one target while being able to use your carriers abuilitys and weapons on a seperate target, like useing your grav well and guns on probes from one of the STF's while your fighters go and kill off the transformers and nanite generators.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5ce9kSbuij...b_overview.png

of course that overview would be more LCARS like for STO :-P
Commander
# 2
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
You are aware that the Attack command available to carriers has your pets go after your active target, right?
Commander
# 3
06-24-2012, 05:38 AM
yes but they dont stay on the target when you start attacking another one, that and they have the tendency to go off and do there own thing
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm with the OP. The overview (and the ability to customize it for different uses) was one of the best things about EVE. Something like it would make a lot of space actions much easier.
Lieutenant
# 5
07-06-2012, 05:34 AM
I also find it annoying that fightercrafts insists in attacking same thing I do. and if I'm working on a team mate, trying to heal his beat up ship, the fighters just sit aroundpicking their noses instead of doing something useful... like shooting the one I told them to shoot before I switched target.
Not much point with an "army" that don't follow orders just because the general has to do something else meanwhile.
Commander
# 6
07-06-2012, 06:01 AM
wouldn't want to see that listbox in the game...ugly no matter what they did with it. just looks cheesy. like something you'd see in a 2000 game or something. 'we don't have time nor the inclination to make anything nice looking...so here's a list!'

rather see minimap functionality expanded, ability to resize, tactical icons for ships, fighters, destructables, color coded(customizable), master 10km circle, with optional arcs within, and the ability to select specific targets.

while i'm still in dream land....would like to be able to have weapons fire at different targets to...you know, multi target options. funny how a browser game can do it...and sto can't.

and/or set weapon crews for specific targeting priorities per weapon:

my target (default)
fighters (targeting me//targeting allies//all)
projectiles (targeting me//targeting allies//all)

it's nice to dream....
Commander
# 7
07-06-2012, 06:36 AM
tbh it doesnt really matter what the hell it looks like, as long as it does its job, tbh graphics and eye candy come way after functionality in any game.
Commander
# 8
07-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtiggy View Post
tbh it doesnt really matter what the hell it looks like, as long as it does its job, tbh graphics and eye candy come way after functionality in any game.
no, they matter in this game, a list doesn't fit with anything in the star trek universe, whereas a tactical map does. this game attempts to create an atmosphere rather than whatever can be thrown together. it's not eve. it's a game based on something specific in television, literature, and film. not a generic space game.

that atmosphere is part of it. the graphics matter, the presentation matters. and if you haven't noticed...a lot of functionality is not included because there were those that felt it wasn't part of the star trek universe way of doing things.
Commander
# 9
07-06-2012, 08:07 AM
in all fairness they kinda ditched the "Star Trek " universe way of doing things when klinks and feddys declared war and got all buddy buddy at DS9 then had kinks mixing "nerve tonics" for scared little orion women.

just sayin.....
Career Officer
# 10
07-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
no, they matter in this game, a list doesn't fit with anything in the star trek universe

You heard it here folks, in the year 2409 there are no more lists!!

Except for the friend's list.

Oh, and the Fleet Roster list.

Oh, yeah and the list of active missions.

...And episode lists...

Um, woops, also PvP and PvE queues, which are organized bizarrely!?! into lists...

But other than those FREAK exceptions. We have evolved, as a united species, beyond the need to list things in the future. Get with the program, slackers.