Survivor of Romulus
I have a problem. I have too many ideas, and not enough time to make Foundry missions out of them all. I need to finish the missions I have started, which will take up plenty of time.

So, in an effort to get some more discussion going in this forum, I'm going to put these ideas out there and if anyone wants to make the mission they may do so. You can alter the ideas in any way you want, I renounce any claim on them Just let me know if you use them so I can play your mission.

Ideas:

1) "Bottle Episode." In a TV show when the special effects and set design budgets get a little thin, they'll do an episode where they only use existing sets. So my idea is to make one of these "bottle" episodes that takes place entirely on the player's ship. Think "Data's Day" or "Lower Decks" or something similar.

2) "What happened to the Maquis?" What happened to the Federation colonies that were along/inside the Cardassian border after the war. Did the border shift as the Fed/Klingon/Romulan Alliance conquered more territory. Sisko rescued some of the Maquis, and what about those surviving Maquis on Voyager. Did they try to rebuild? Did they go back to killing Cardassians. Lots of unanswered questions. I have a name in my head that I wanted to use: "Eddington's Raiders." Someone please take it and run with it!

3) "Organians." This one came up in the Starbase UGC chatroom, so I can't claim it's my idea, but seriously, big old Fed/Klink war, and where are the Organians?

4) "Conspiracy." Remember the alien parasites that got extremely close to taking over the Federation? Remember how they were never mentioned again? Well it's sequel time baby!

Now here's where you all join in. Please post any ideas of yours that you know you'll never have the time or interest to make into Foundry missions.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I've been thinking about doing an Organian episode.

I became re-fascinated with them after their re-appearance on "Enterprise"
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
Ensign
# 3
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
I have ideas for what I want to make missions on. But I just can't figure out the details like what happens in the middle and how it ends :p

Also, making a Foundry mission is so time intensive, you really need to be in the mood to make something. Maybe the Season 6 improvements will make it more streamlined.

For now, I find that I prefer playing missions rather than making them.

P.S. Everyone watch Broadcast UGC!
Captain
# 4
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Have to admit that a users previous sig about the 8 ecs for a cup of tea gave me an idea.

The "how lifelike are your boffs" thread gave me some as well.

Maybe someday I;ll get access to the foundry so i can give it a try.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Empire Veteran
# 5
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
You may be happy now, I've had the idea of a maquis plot recently. I still have to finish the two missions i'm currently working on, and they are really demanding, but this maquis arc may be next in the queue. Next month, maybe. :biggrin:

Will be based on DS9 maquis storyline, since I find Voyager utterly boring.

Last edited by diogene0; 06-23-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Commander
# 6
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
4) "Conspiracy." Remember the alien parasites that got extremely close to taking over the Federation? Remember how they were never mentioned again? Well it's sequel time baby!
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...w_Probert).jpg - I think the developers have beaten you to it
I'll be mentioning the Organians in my mission for the 4th Foundry Challenge, keep an eye out for it.

I get what you mean with this post, added up I currently have 23 ideas and plans for missions with five in production right now! It's hard to stay so focused with so much material giving you inspiration!
I'm currently working on a series called 'Origins' and have yet to go back to my last foundry challenge entry and edit it, now the contest is over!

A recent idea I thought would be good to explore in a comical way would be a version of the Men In Black, kind of like a goody goody Section 31.
Another was an adventure with another one of the Travellers species!... maybe I should of kept that one! lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Last edited by rickysmith1; 06-26-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Captain
# 7
07-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Just to throw out an idea since I;m still waiting for access.

I;ve always loved the Star Frontiers. I tried to write the Volturnus trilogy as a fanfiction but never got far with it. That and the Dramune Run module looked doable to me as far as I can tell.

Maybe someday....
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 8
07-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
1) "Bottle Episode." In a TV show when the special effects and set design budgets get a little thin, they'll do an episode where they only use existing sets. So my idea is to make one of these "bottle" episodes that takes place entirely on the player's ship. Think "Data's Day" or "Lower Decks" or something similar.
My mission, Komahashi Maru, is a bottle episode. It happens entirely in a holodeck simulation where the player gets to be captain of the USS Galaxy. Coincidentally the mission also heavily features Sherman's Planet, which as you know was the direct result of the Organian Peace Treaty between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Maybe someday I;ll get access to the foundry so i can give it a try.
You STILL can't get into the Foundry?

1. Bottle Episodes - reminds me of the movie "Phone Booth" if you haven't seen it, watch it. The whole Indy Film takes place on a New York street, and you guessed it, in a phone booth.

2. I just read this to my husband, he shouted back, "A better question is, what happened to Tom Riker, who joined them and was arrested by the Cardassians?".

Here is a challenge (due to limitations in the Foundry) I am busy doing a few KDF missions next. Your ship plows through space and you get this strange message very weak.

"Federation scum, you destroy our world and flee from us. We will show you no mercy since you showed us none."

Any replies and attempts to get the signal back prove futile. Shortly after your crew (red shirts) start turning up dead throughout the ship. The mission is a basic mystery of how the crew members are dying. Medical reveals the cause of death is massive tissue disruption as if they had been "slow cooked" by a Klingon disruptor.

What happened was this; your deflector array pushes small objects like asteroids out of the path of your ship. One such "asteroid" was actually an inhabited planet. The aliens there are smaller than a common Earth flea. The entire surviving armada is aboard your ship and killing your crew one by one. The obviously impossible part is to show someone getting killed by a swarm of tiny vessels. Let me know if some one does this because I would like to know how it ends...
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandukutupu View Post
1. Bottle Episodes - reminds me of the movie "Phone Booth" if you haven't seen it, watch it. The whole Indy Film takes place on a New York street, and you guessed it, in a phone booth.
Love Phone Booth! Great movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandukutupu View Post
2. I just read this to my husband, he shouted back, "A better question is, what happened to Tom Riker, who joined them and was arrested by the Cardassians?".
Ironically I was just reading the behind-the-scenes entries on Memory Alpha for the episode "Defiant" which is one of my favorites. Apparently the subject of Tom Riker was a no-go in the DS9 writers room after that episode. I don't know why, could have made a fantastic prison break episode. But anyway, maybe Tom Riker escaped/was let go at the end of the war and founded Eddington's Raiders as the successor to the Maquis. He might be dead by now or an old man pulling the strings from some hidden base.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic