Captain
I would like some official word on this, especially since this build on Tribble is very much filled with a years worth of new code.

Half way through last year, players lost the ability in new foundry missions to create custom costume species that were not purchased for their account, such as the Caitians or Liberated Borg, where they were able to be used before.

We got no response for the reasoning or about that bug, if that was the case.

The current Tribble build still does the same thing, I can only create custom costumes for the races which my account has player race access to. Is this intentional? Are we worked out from coding reasons in-laced in the system or is this as intended, requiring players who wish to make custom Borg costumes to make a 200$ purchase?

I want to know, officially, if foundry content is going to be limited to us based on C-Store or other purchases. I would like an official statement, even if it is something such as "We can not say at this time" or "we are aware of the issue" (At this point I could live without a "and are working to correct it" tacked on to the end of that last one.)

Other posters; please do not derail this post with comments regarding business models or practices until we get at least any kind of response. If you really want to rage, go play necromancy on one of the old hashed out posts on this from January/Feb.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll look into this for you. I know there was some sort of reason, code change or something, but it's fuzzy now.
Captain
# 3
07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Thank you very much. All asked for! : ]

Edit: Added a Smily

Last edited by designationxr377; 07-12-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Yeah basically it happened during the F2P changeover, during the time when it was rumoured that cryptic was going F2P but not announced (when the gold stuff leaked out for foundry editing)

At the time of those changes Borg parts vanished from the editor if you didnt have a LTS. And the races that were Cstore ones disappeared from the editor if you hadnt bought them.