Commander
How come this ends up happening more often than not?

I'm just cruising through the Sirius Sector, and I see the Borg Red Alert button pop up. I click on it and respond, only to jump into an empty area with no borg. Four of Ten will offer me the mission to fight them off, but they're not there in the first place.

Othertimes when this happens, I'll see that the mission has already failed, even though it just popped up on my screen. I can understand this happening if I were late to join in, ,like if I just transfered into the sector from another map and decided to immediately respond, but in this case I've already been in the sector for a few minutes and the mission is failed by the time the Cube shows up in space and the red alert button pops up.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Try responding to a call when the 'event' is already over.. Failure or Successful.
*edit you said it already but what ever.

The Red Alert should vanish the moment the V'ger is destroyed.
Captain
# 3
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auric2000 View Post
The Red Alert should vanish the moment the V'ger is destroyed.
It doesn;t though. I've seen the same thing for months now.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 4
07-06-2012, 11:24 AM
I have to admit: With 80% of them being finished already, it makes it more exciting when there's actually borg in there.
# 5
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
I have to admit: With 80% of them being finished already, it makes it more exciting when there's actually borg in there.
Ask a paramedic the same question when 80% of their calls are false alarms or wave offs.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Ask a paramedic the same question when 80% of their calls are false alarms or wave offs.
^
^
^
^
^
^
...this
Captain
# 7
07-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah, that "THE BORG ARE ATTACKING!!!!!! Oh never mind they've been defeated in the 2.3 seconds it took you to decide to respond, clear through the BOFF window and load into the scenario." crap is getting REALLY old.
Career Officer
# 8
07-12-2012, 12:11 AM
been playing my new kdf recently and have not had an empty Red Alert yet. Also keep an eye on the Red Alert chat channel, some helpful folks there posting when they are hot or not.

Must admit on the fed side though sirius sector does seem to have a lot of false alarms. guess they are a bit jumpy and red alert at the first sign of even exposed pipework.. better safe than sorry

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Ensign
# 9 empty Red Alerts
07-12-2012, 07:19 AM
I hit my first empty Borg attack yesterday while I was playing. I figured that it might have had something to do with the fact that they were getting ready for the move to season six through thier updates.
I must admit to not responding to too many Borg alerts after reaching (50) Admiral. This being that after all of the battle, I was receiving cheep rewards that I can't even place on my older tier ships.
Commander
# 10
07-12-2012, 07:40 AM
I stopped responding to the Red Alerts months ago. Every single one I clicked on (no matter what sector I was in) would end as soon as I got there or have ended by the time I clicked it. And I'm talking cruising through, the thing pops up, and immediately clicking it.

I don't know how even a fleet action like that can be over in less than five seconds. I figured it was one of those bugs that's low on the list and not up to be repaired.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.