Starfleet Veteran
# 11 Ask Cryptic: July 2012
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=603951

Q: (deutchcraft) Are we ever going to see the Vesta class in game?

Dstahl: Ask me again in one month.

omnomnomnom
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
07-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Q: (EzriRayne) One word ? Poker ? XD

Dstahl: Amazing how this one mini-game continues to come up every single Ask Cryptic. It must be a very popular game in order for it to still be around in the future. I?ve no objections to it being in the game as it appeared several times in Star Trek series. It really just boils down to a programmer having a little extra time to do this as a side project. Unfortunately, our software programmers get very little extra time. Not ruling this out, but the odds are that this is just about as rare as a Royal Flush at this point. Not impossible, just improbable in the short term
If it keeps being raised at every single AskCryptic, and regularly discussed by the community in the forums, WHY is it such a low priority that it needs Spare Time to develop it? What the Community wants and what Cryptic thinks we want are sometimes not the same
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net

Last edited by jkstocbr; 07-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Commander
# 13
07-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm happy! He answered my question!

The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-06-2012, 05:09 PM
mine also

we may yet see TOS communicators and transporter effects (much better than the later ones)
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
mine also

we may yet see TOS communicators and transporter effects (much better than the later ones)
they had better make the noise when the comminicators flip up :p
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-06-2012, 05:16 PM
oh definately

and also id like to see them perform the lid flip
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
couldn't help but notice he didn't answer any of the kdf specific questions...
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Community Moderator
# 18
07-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I love reading these and I'm glad "Ask Cryptic" returned.

Thanks for answering my question.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Empire Veteran
# 19
07-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Q: (akrilon) Are there any plans to incorporate voice over options for Bridge Officers or Captains in the near future?

Dstahl: Not in the near future. We have discussed this feature for a long time. Cryptic has a strong belief in allowing players to have as much control over their character?s look and persona as possible. Considering all the options available in the character creator, it would require hundreds of unique voices in order to achieve the level of customization we want players to have. Unfortunately, given how much dialog is in our game, that is extremely expensive and most likely not in the stars for us at this time. That hasn?t stopped people like me from wanting it to happen in game, but currently there are some big hurdles preventing it.
Am i wrong or is there tons of Bridge Officer VO work already recorded and in the game code, adding the ability to add these to our BOFFs and adjust the tone/pitch/speed to customise them to our vision of our BOFF would be more than sufficient.
Obviously having the ability to disable this all together for those who dont like it would be required.

Quote:
Q: (aegon1ice) Obviously Season 7 will be all about Story. Can we at least expect to see a Romulan faction in Season 8?

Dstahl: Who says a Romulan faction can?t be all about story?
Did....no.......he didnt.......did he just hint at........naw cant be..............can it?!?

Sadly there is no word of the one thing i've been praying for for years now and that is the ability to fully customise my ships interior using a foundry like interface. Hell you can even sell prop packs on the C-Store if you want i'd happily buy them!

Last edited by brodie0854; 07-06-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Captain
# 20
07-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Hmmm... What would the Voyager Bundle include?

I think a Proper Intrepid class interior/bridge would be a given.

Uniforms? Maybe Maquis rank pins?

Neelix's ship as a small craft?

Maybe the DOFF pack in will be Talaxian and Ocampa.