Commander
# 11
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Ironically I was just reading the behind-the-scenes entries on Memory Alpha for the episode "Defiant" which is one of my favorites. Apparently the subject of Tom Riker was a no-go in the DS9 writers room after that episode. I don't know why, could have made a fantastic prison break episode. But anyway, maybe Tom Riker escaped/was let go at the end of the war and founded Eddington's Raiders as the successor to the Maquis. He might be dead by now or an old man pulling the strings from some hidden base.
I read he was suppose to be apart of the rebellion during the Dominion War but it was pulled at the last minute because the Actor wasn't available at the time.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 12
07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I read he was suppose to be apart of the rebellion during the Dominion War but it was pulled at the last minute because the Actor wasn't available at the time.
In that case, I don't see why they didn't use the other actor, since the teleporter cloned him right? LoL
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
# 13
07-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm tentatively planning on doing a follow-up to Conspiracy eventually. However, that is about 6-7 missions deep so, it remains to be seen if it ever happens.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 14
07-06-2012, 11:00 PM
The one idea I've seriously considered but never started is making a mission where the Federation returns to FGC-47 and creates a formal treaty with the inhabitants. Seriously.... why doesn't the Federation spend more time creating strong ties to non-humanoid races?

Isabella was AWESOME!

And yeah, a follow up to conspiracy would rock. (They never did a follow up because the nature of the Borg got redefined between writing Conspiracy, and Season 2.)

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-07-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 15
07-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
And yeah, a follow up to conspiracy would rock. (They never did a follow up because the nature of the Borg got redefined between writing Conspiracy, and Season 2.)
I always thought they should have made one of the movies a follow-up to it. Even though the Borg got redefined the Conspiracy aliens still existed, and their influence could have made for a good plot. It certainly could have been better than Insurrection, which was as close to a throw away idea as in any Star Trek movie, or for that matter Nemesis.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Commander
# 16
07-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I always thought they should have made one of the movies a follow-up to it. Even though the Borg got redefined the Conspiracy aliens still existed, and their influence could have made for a good plot. It certainly could have been better than Insurrection, which was as close to a throw away idea as in any Star Trek movie, or for that matter Nemesis.
I liked the idea of Insurrection, after all these adventures saving people they now have to save a race from the thing they swore to protect and serve in the first place.

Though Nemesis, WTF was that about!? Your right Conspiracy would of been a way better story to explore, they could of killed of Data in a bit of a bigger build up whilst taking out their invading fleet.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 17
07-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Insurrection was good, but, yeah, villain of the week.

I actually LIKED the plot of Nemesis. It's wonderful to see the Romulans as something other than villains. I liked how it reminded the viewers that while Romulans aren't necessarily nice, they aren't blood thirsty barbarians.
Commander
# 18
07-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Insurrection was good, but, yeah, villain of the week.

I actually LIKED the plot of Nemesis. It's wonderful to see the Romulans as something other than villains. I liked how it reminded the viewers that while Romulans aren't necessarily nice, they aren't blood thirsty barbarians.
That's true! Would of been good to see both sides of the Romulan War to, perhaps it could of all started over the stupidest little misunderstanding and both sides were led to believe the other is blood thirsty!

Rihannsu
# 19
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it'd be nice, but the Feds are the stars of the show, Nemesis is the only time we got to see things(partially) from the Romulan point of view. It'd be awesome, but I don't think the studio would every do it.

Which of course means that it's prime real-estate for foundry Authors.

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-07-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Commander
# 20
07-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Yeah, it'd be nice, but the Feds are the stars of the show, Nemesis is the only time we got to see things(partially) from the Romulan point of view. It'd be awesome, but I don't think the studio would every do it.

Which of course means that it's prime real-estate for foundry Authors.
I always thought it would be cool if they did Star Trek:Origins, a series of TV Movies that explored the origins of races, starting of course with the Romulan Caravan!
Then there is Kahless, Breen, Ferengi Warp Drive, Terran Empire, Eugenics Wars, Dominion, then the big one; The Borg!