Starfleet Veteran
# 21
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
The SubSpace Agenda has been updated with the following information:

Remember you can refer to the OP for a complete listing of the other individual STO Calendars, or head to the SubSpace Agenda link above to view all calendars at once.

If you have some hard dates of some items that I've missed, please post them in this thread and I'll try to include it where appropriate.

Raptr profile
Empire Veteran
# 22
07-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Also if you use Google Calendar (although I suppose this works with RSS readers too), you should be able to subscribe to these by copying the XML link and pasting it in the box labeled "Add a friend's calendar" under "Other Calendars". One of the advantages to subscribing is that the calendar should auto-update when I make changes to it! Another is that if you have a smartphone, you can more than likely also grab the Google Calendar app and view the calendar(s) even if you're not actively on the web.
Not sure what im doing wrong here but id copied the XML Link and pasted it into the box labled "Add a friend's calendar" under "Other Calendars" and i just get the message saying its an invalid email address.
I'm using google calendars.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Remember you can refer to the OP for a complete listing of the other individual STO Calendars, or head to the SubSpace Agenda link above to view all calendars at once.

If you have some hard dates of some items that I've missed, please post them in this thread and I'll try to include it where appropriate.

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie0854 View Post
Not sure what im doing wrong here but id copied the XML Link and pasted it into the box labled "Add a friend's calendar" under "Other Calendars" and i just get the message saying its an invalid email address.
I'm using google calendars.
Interesting... I'm investigating this now.

Google Calendars gives three different types of links to share Calendars.

The HTML links are actual separate web pages for the individual calendars that you can view without signing in to Google Calendar.

The XML links look like they may actually be for RSS feeds like Google Reader or other RSS readers. (I'm not sure how a Calendar subscribed via an RSS reader would look)

There is also an iCal link that I had not previously added here because 1) that would be a THIRD link and probably confusing, and 2) it looks like something intended for Apple products.

It appears that the way that "add a friend's calendar" option is supposed to work is that you enter a contact's email address, and you can see and add any of that account's public calendars to your own Google Calendar, which I don't think I'm actually prepared to do here and now.

There are other instructions for using the iCal links to subscribe to various calendars, which I will post here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Calendars
Subscribe to calendars in Google Calendar

To add a calendar using its address, follow these steps:
  1. Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
  2. Select Add by URL from the menu
  3. Find the address of the Google Calendar in iCalendar format, or if you have the iCalendar address of a calendar from a different application (for example, Apple's iCal), you can use this as well.
  4. Enter the address in the field provided
  5. Click the Add Calendar button. The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
And with that, here are the various links to the STO SubSpace Agenda calendars, updated with iCal links to subscribe:
  • STO General Calendar (HTML to view) (iCal to subscribe)(XML for RSS)
    • This calendar contains the General Events going on in-game such as Featured Episodes, HOLODECK and TRIBBLE (and possibly REDSHIRT) server updates, as well as updates to the C-Store.
  • STO Community Events (HTML to view) (iCal to subscribe) (XML for RSS)
    • These are the various in-game community events and community-based announcements
  • STO Group Events (HTML to view) (iCal to subscribe) (XML for RSS)
    • These are the various events based around group activity (5-players & up), such as STFs, Defera Borg Invasions, Mirror Universe Incursions, and The Vault event.
  • STO Dilithium Gathering Events (HTML to view) (iCal to subscribe) (XML for RSS])
    • These are events where the primary reward is Dilithium, or a bonus amount of Dilithium. This includes but is not limited to the Academy Events, the Dilithium Mining Event, and Foundry Officer Reports.
  • STO Miscellaneous Events (HTML to view) (iCal to subscribe) (XML for RSS)
    • These are events that aren't well classified into any of the other categories.

I'll be updating the OP with these new instructions and links.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure why the forum keeps inserting a space between the "google" and the ".com" in the STO Community Events's iCal link. I've re-copied it twice and even tried manually re-typing it and for some reason the forum keeps inserting a space there. If you're trying to subscribe to that specific calendar, just remove the extraneous space in there for now.

EDIT2: UPDATE: Ok, fixed the link. I missed an opening url tag bracket. Still odd that it was inserting that space in the address though.

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 07-08-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM

Remember you can refer to the Original Post for a complete listing of the other individual STO Calendars, or head to the SubSpace Agenda link above to view all calendars at once.

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
07-13-2012, 02:01 AM

Remember you can refer to the Original Post for a complete listing of the other individual STO Calendars, or head to the SubSpace Agenda link above to view all calendars at once.

**NOTE: Due to the new arrangement of events in Season 6, the various regularly scheduled calendars (such as the STO Dilithium Events Calendar, STO Group Events Calendar, and STO Miscellaneous Events Calendar) may be getting some changes over the next couple weeks. In addition, I will be creating a new STO Fleet Events Calendar to display the times when the Fleet events are active. More than likely I will be posting this information tomorrow when I've had some time to examine the new schedules.

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
While editing the STO Fleet Events (HTML to view) today, I noticed that the Fleet Marks Event for 7/15 at 12am (Pacific Time) is only 1 hour instead of the 2 hours that it seems to last in every other occurrence. Not sure if this is intended or not, or if it's a one-time thing or if it will be repeated in future cycles.

Raptr profile
Lieutenant
# 29
07-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Great resource... thanks for making. Not to be taken as criticism but, I am showing most days future of today as blank????
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
07-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phase325 View Post
Great resource... thanks for making. Not to be taken as criticism but, I am showing most days future of today as blank????
Correct... for now.

The schedules for the Dilithium, Group, and Miscellaneous Events got all sorts of rearranged for Season 6. Previously, they were on a two-week recycle (except for the STFs, which seem unchanged). I have no idea if they're going to repeat on the same cycle again, so until I determine a specific pattern I'm manually adding the events.

For example, the Fleet Marks Events seem to happen every 7 hours for 2 hours each except this weird thing today (Sunday) where at 0000 and 2300 (Pacific Time) they were only 1 hour each... so, the patterns may not be as regular as they were before.

Raptr profile