Commander
# 51
07-07-2012, 03:36 PM
One thing that saddens me if I am reading Mr. Stahl's comment correctly is that it sounds like new storyline missions are not a priority. Repeating dailies and the like that do not advance the story or provide character immersion are fine as side games for me, but I enjoy running story arcs on my characters.

I'm neither a PvPer nor a raider; STFs hold no particular interest for me. Missions and story arcs are my favorite part of the game. Compared to other MMOs, STO has very few. What they have is solid, but they need more for both factions. I'm certainly glad that the mission content scales to rank now; I have VAs still doing Lt. level content because the capped quickly via Doff missions.

Hopefully when DStahl mentioned content in the new sector block being similar to what we have in other sectors that will include a good number of story arcs as well, not just patrols and alerts. Perhaps I misinterpreted his remarks regarding mission development. If so, then thank you to Mr. Stahl and the dev team.
Republic Veteran
# 52
07-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
I'm convinced he does that on purpose. He lives off our sweet, sweet tears.
That would explain so very much
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Q: (aegon1ice) Obviously Season 7 will be all about Story. Can we at least expect to see a Romulan faction in Season 8?

Dstahl: Who says a Romulan faction can?t be all about story?
I bet it's just trolling.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Republic Veteran
# 54
07-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
I bet it's just trolling.
What's the saying about insanity? Doing things the same way and expecting different results? We have to learn to stop expecting different results regarding our beloved Romulans.
Republic Veteran
# 55
07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:

ANSWER IS HERE :

http://www.gatesofstovokor.com/?p=453

And when you look into it deeply :

The only way we?ll ever get there is if we spin up an entirely separate team of content designers to go back and make a few years? worth of content and release it as an expansion.

So there is your answer
Ok I read that and basically what I took from it is more in regards to adding Klingon only sectors and making them totally different from the Federation. That doesn't mean we can't get a Romulan faction along the current state of the KDF, sharing certain sectors and missions.
Banned
# 56 Ummmmm ........what?
07-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Q: (ravin) Is there any way we can have a separate small craft list and Starship list to free up ship slots without having to decommission our small craft?

Dstahl: We are still considering this issue. We agree that maintaining a large Fleet of ships is daunting and requires decommissioning and reclaiming in order to shuffle between the various ships you command. In the meantime, you will need to continue to swap your active ship roster and reclaim old ships in order to get around the ship cap. There are only a handful of players in this situation at the moment, but we do want to have a better solution in the future.
What game are you talking about? STO has tons of people in this situation.

Quote:
Q: (deewbot) How does it feel to know you have made one of the GREATEST MMO’s of all time? Because it is in fact my all-time favorite? Also I have to ask – Kirk or Picard?

Dstahl: It feels pretty awesome. Working on this game is a dream come true. I’m looking forward to seeing where this ship can take us and hopefully history will remember us well.

And it should be rather obvious… 100% Kirk
If STO is one of the "greatest" MMO's of all time.....I do not want to see one of the "worst."
Empire Veteran
# 57
07-07-2012, 11:19 PM
If they are going to release a Voyager pack, I sure hope they add something for the Klingons, perhaps a Kazon ship and interior or something like that. All this Federation only content makes me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
couldn't help but notice he didn't answer any of the kdf specific questions...
Typical huh and people say the community is what makes this how game faction vs faction, when in fact it all started by Cryptic, by being so bias and Federation centred. I honestly think they have no sense of artist pride otherwise their main focus would be bug hunting and getting the KDF up to scratch with the Federation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 58
07-08-2012, 01:35 AM
(Quote by the comic book guy in the Simpsons possibly) "Q: (deewbot) How does it feel to know you have made one of the GREATEST MMO?s of all time? Because it is in fact my all-time favorite? Also I have to ask ? Kirk or Picard?

Dstahl: It feels pretty awesome. Working on this game is a dream come true. I?m looking forward to seeing where this ship can take us and hopefully history will remember us well."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Is this a Dev in disguise asking this question.
2. Is it Dan asking himself the question.
3. Even the CDF wouldn't say/ask such an asinine statement as this, so it must be a joke no?
4. STO is that awesome and a dream come true, that you bailed out when the going got tough eh?

Sounds like you're backtracking again and reverting back to "soon" and " we would like to"...

Doooommm....
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Captain
# 59
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
If I do not see season six in the main game soon, within a matter of a few days, I will most likely not be around for a season seven. As someone who is a casual player, I think the gap in between season five and six is already too long. Unless they start implementing new content soon, I may end up finding another game to play.

Perfect World should skip the testing server, so they can get new content out faster. Beta testing can always be done in house. I have been playing "Star Trek: Online" since around February. Approximately two to three months ago, my attention had started to change gears.

I do not think I can hold on too much longer.

I think it might be too late. Many of the people I know are already talking about leaving, for they feel season six is still too far away from being released. Its just a matter of a few days or a few hours.

Perfect World only has a three day window of opportunity, and then I will decide upon my next course of action.

Do I stay? Do I go? *shrugs* I will have to wait an see what happens next.

How about a release date for season six?

Last edited by linyive; 07-08-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Captain
# 60
07-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Perfect World should skip the testing server, so they can get new content out faster. Beta testing can always be done in house.
Alpha testing is what's normally done inhouse. Beta (and release candidates) is usually with test subjects. Or at least that's how it's always been explained to be with what I do.

Oh and heck no on skipping the testing server. Some of the missions right now are seriously bugged. (Search for fire as an example) If they had rolled out as is, there would be a lot more havoc on the forums now than it is currently.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining