Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Is Character Transfer down?
07-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I've been trying for the past two days to get a newer copy of my HOLODECK toons transferred to TRIBBLE, with nothing but "Character Transfer Failed. Please try again later."

I have two open character slots on TRIBBLE, and NONE of my HOLODECK toons will copy over (also, I've renamed my TRIBBLE toons so they don't have the same name as the toon I'm trying to copy over).

Is there something wrong with the character transfer system or is there something wrong with my toons?

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-07-2012, 02:35 PM
UPDATE: I was able to copy a toon to REDSHIRT. However, I am seeing some really odd behavior with this. Mainly, I already had a toon with the same name on REDSHIRT. Transferring a toon with the same name DID NOT give an error and failure! Instead, the new copy was AUTOMATICALLY renamed "S'Kendal 1" (name was updated with a number suffix).

On TRIBBLE, I've already renamed my character copies to S'Kendal 2 and S'Kendal 3, so simply transferring "S'Kendal" should not give any errors at all, yet it does.

Raptr profile
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-07-2012, 02:46 PM
UPDATE 2: Just tried renaming the previous TRIBBLE copies something entirely different.

No good.

Just tried renaming one of the copies back to the original name in hopes that a new copy will mysteriously rename itself like it just did on REDSHIRT.

Also no good.

If there's a dev reading this, some help would be appreciated.

Raptr profile
Ensign
# 4
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I am having the same problem, but on a lark I tried to transfer a KDF toon and it work just fine, but my Fed toons will not transfer, even the ones I've never transferred to Tribble before.
Rihannsu
# 5
07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
I just transferred my fed toon today and it took maybe 5 minutes to get to tribble. I had an older one there so it named it "name" 2. All worked good for me. fyi

Is it possible you do not meet the requirements to play on tribble?