Survivor of Romulus
# 1 dev kar'fi plee
07-07-2012, 11:03 AM
pls dont leave the kar'fi behind is pratiucaly the only ship i fly apart from lock box ships.

its a very nice looking ship one of the gems of the kdf.

yet no fleet or refit versions ;-(

my fellow kdf dont let this ship be left behind.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I haven't been paying enough attention to KDF ships of late (Long story but I can't play with out insane lag ATM) but we really do need Fleet Versions of our very popular Kar'fi, and Garumba ships.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 3
07-07-2012, 04:25 PM
It was stated in an interview that the Garumba was not added since it has no console. Presumably the same reason for the Kar'Fi.
Lieutenant
# 4
07-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Kar-Fi has a phasing console so I'm uncertain what the issue is here. I don't even know how the console performs. A couple posts by Kar-Fi captains I've read indicate I'm not the only one. Maybe they figure nobody would buy the standard ship for the console so they they don't see the fleet version as a sell point for the former. It's not as palatable as a technical hiccup (Garumba console justification; Kar-Fi wasn't explained) but ,"not worth the effort" is where I'm placing my bets.

Yeah, I'm pretty sour about this one.
Career Officer
# 5
07-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Kar'fi definitely needs an upgrade. Maybe we'll get it after they upgrade the Atrocious.. umm, Atrox... and Armitage, lol.
The phase console on the Kar'fi makes you temporarily invulnerable to damage, but you can't launch fighters while phased nor fire torpedoes. If I remember correctly, you can still fire energy weapons.. but don't quote me on that.
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-07-2012, 08:40 PM
So wait because the Javelin in not a console no fleet version of the Garumba.

OK so there is no fleet version of the Gal-X either right?
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
OP reallydumbpwe Kar'fi definitely needs an upgrade.
I don't know about this one. The Kar-Fi rocks and is a wonderful ship. On the other hand there are many ships getting the upgrade that don't need them so it is hardly criteria for not improving upon it.

Quote:
OP piwright42 So wait because the Javelin in not a console no fleet version of the Garumba.
Yes, the siege mode/ javelin is an inbuilt ability that doesn't utilize a console. The technical issues porting the Garamba without console were cited by Gecko as reasons for not doing so when he was interviewed recently.

Some reasons for other ships not making the cut included the gorn vessels described as all looking the same and the highest tier orion vessel apparently looked too much like a potato (It reminded me of a ship from David Lynch's Dune).

Last edited by horridperson; 07-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 8
07-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
So wait because the Javelin in not a console no fleet version of the Garumba.

OK so there is no fleet version of the Gal-X either right?
Correct, there is no fleet version of the Gal-X either.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Correct, there is no fleet version of the Gal-X either.
Well that is fair then.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-08-2012, 07:36 PM
it would be nice if we got a good carrier fleet or retro