Captain
# 31
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I discovered that hand-me-down gear and doffs from previous toons save you a lot of shopping when you level.

Related: Mail is an excellent bank.

I discovered that filling your extra character slots with KDF means you'll be drowning in contraband and dilithium within days.

Related: If you turn your camera around, your Klingon doff mission parking spot will magically be in the Badlands.

I discovered the game is better with the chat off.

Related: Drozana Station now looks like a French surrealist film about people standing on tables.

I discovered that you can grind your Doffs up and compress them into a harder substance. This makes discovery number one even more important.

Related: Diplomats and security. Diplomats and security.
# 32
07-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
I discovered that hand-me-down gear and doffs from previous toons save you a lot of shopping when you level.

Related: Mail is an excellent bank.

I discovered that filling your extra character slots with KDF means you'll be drowning in contraband and dilithium within days.

Related: If you turn your camera around, your Klingon doff mission parking spot will magically be in the Badlands.

I discovered the game is better with the chat off.

Related: Drozana Station now looks like a French surrealist film about people standing on tables.

I discovered that you can grind your Doffs up and compress them into a harder substance. This makes discovery number one even more important.

Related: Diplomats and security. Diplomats and security.
good point about the chat. i am often tempted to turn it off and do when i play with someone flaming and noob calling. it takes discipline, but i read chat for info only and refrain from responding to rude players......most of the time. i have actually seen players call for help, for example, on probes and i really respect that. nothing wrong with asking for help and that is the primary reason i keep chat on.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33 Can anyone help
07-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
I discovered that there is no logical reason to ever buy another cstore ship in sto when the devs seem perfectly ok to undermine said purchase...
I'm agreeing with you on this on, I reason purchase a Fed ship to upgrade from the one I'm currently using and It show that I purchase it but I don't know how to retrieve it, I wondering if I'm not rank enough or don't have enough items to actually play with it, my rank is Lt 4.

Can anyone help me with this?

Capt Zab Judah
Commander
# 34
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captzabjudah View Post
I'm agreeing with you on this on, I reason purchase a Fed ship to upgrade from the one I'm currently using and It show that I purchase it but I don't know how to retrieve it, I wondering if I'm not rank enough or don't have enough items to actually play with it, my rank is Lt 4.

Can anyone help me with this?

Capt Zab Judah
i think on earth space dock you have to do a requisition, but i don't recall exactly where.
Banned
# 35
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
That the STO I loved died some time ago, along with 98% of my friends leaving STO.
Commander
# 36
07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornman47 View Post
I just discovered that some people don't know about the other "secret" mission in the Eta Eridani sector.
So what is this "secret"?
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I dicovered today that if you are the one deactivating power generator shields in Khitomer Accord Ground STF, you can extend the duration by going to the columns in the corners.
I also discovered that there are fleets who actually have you complete a special foundry mission, under supervision, to gain access to their ranks.
I have discovered that you can play STO together with other human beings, having a voice chat enabled, and this way it can be much more fun.
I have discovered that prototype tech drops happen all the time, once you dont need them anymore.
Captain
# 38
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I discovered that you can ninja your way through a "scan 'n shoot" mission should your away team beam into a large boulder leaving you alone to face the Wadi hoards. But only if the object being scanned is large enough to hide behind.

Related: Betazoids make good ninjas.
# 39
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Alhena Refueling Station mission in Donatu Sector of Eta Eridani Block.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Lieutenant
# 40
07-08-2012, 03:30 AM
I have discovered that people use the word 'secret' when infact they dont know anything at all, and just post here to make themselves feel important. I have also discovered that though I will not bother coming back to this thread, the person I speak of will still post a flame aimed at me to again feel important.