Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 11
07-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I tend to send people spare weapons that will do the job better if they seem to be held back

I have a few spare items banked I would never personally use (polaron for example im not jem hadar so I regard them as not any use)
That's a interesting thing to do - there are certain non [borg] weapons that can potentially do impressive damage in the right hands, or allow the team to do attacks that the AI cannot react to.

Spare pulsewaves, sniper rifles and a compression pistol or two might be worthwhile to give out in case you see a team with DPS or control issues. My tactical toon somehow dishes out immense damage with her tetryon compression pistol.

Believe it or not when ill prepared players get a hard time at elite grounds some of them adopt a stubborn mentality and will just fight it out to the bitter end, while veterans just ragequit and leave. This is where I find to be the perfect time to go into instructor mode for their benefit. School of hard knocks, as they say.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel