Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Career Officer
# 11
07-03-2012, 03:54 AM
I got quite a few of those Diburnium Hull Platings too, but not so much as for it to stand out.
Though the odds are still messed up. I've done around 40 fabricate console missions, with 24% chance for purple. Yet I only received 3 purples.
(With one being Variable Geometry Detonators )

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Ensign
# 12
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagrojaneway View Post
The last 3 consoles I have made since the last patch have been Rare (Blue) Diburnium Hull Consoles.

Identical.

Could just be coincidence, but it seems rather odd - I have never even gotten two in a row that matched before, and now I've gotten three of the exact same one with the exact same rarity.

Anyone else seeing anything odd in their console making?
Well, I am not the only one. Yes, I received the same console three times in a row. I figure the odds were five digits to 1 of that happening. I reported it, but they said they could not explain it. My new problem I see now is the high number of Green consoles. The number I am getting is twice the percentage (28%) that is quoted at the beginning of the mission. I documented 20 of the made consoles, and got 10 green. Let them explain that
Empire Veteran
# 13
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM
3 identical consoles in a row can definitely happen, if you play the game long enough. You should rather get worried if that didn't happen, since the number of consoles in this game is really limited. It's like 3 identical coins in your wallet, you should worry about it if it doesn't happen a lot.

It's not weird, it's an expected outcome of randomness.
Career Officer
# 14
07-05-2012, 09:45 AM
well... loot tables and loot rolls in this game are somewhat sticky, I think depending on a time of day. May be the new random is generated at the beginnning of a day pdt time or something?

but seriously. 2 hour mission with 20 possible outcomes. I get *the same* outcome on a same day, 5 times on a row, all other inputs being the same. Odds of that are what? right. very small. Usually you get 2 or 3 same items.

Same with doff grinder mission. Well I'm not complaining about that, cause you can sample the output and move to another grinder. but never the less, the mighty STO rng is somewhat sticky.
Empire Veteran
# 15
07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
well... loot tables and loot rolls in this game are somewhat sticky, I think depending on a time of day. May be the new random is generated at the beginnning of a day pdt time or something?

but seriously. 2 hour mission with 20 possible outcomes. I get *the same* outcome on a same day, 5 times on a row, all other inputs being the same. Odds of that are what? right. very small. Usually you get 2 or 3 same items.

Same with doff grinder mission. Well I'm not complaining about that, cause you can sample the output and move to another grinder. but never the less, the mighty STO rng is somewhat sticky.
If you knew about statistics, you would know that any outcome has a very low probability. You're just noticing this one.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
There seem to be about 3 consoles it just repeats over and over and over. Getting a purple is still useless since there are just so many and no one really wants them in the first place.

My expierence has been that that its about 1/10 thats actually useful.

With the sheer number of consoles there are its obvious that there is something wrong (intentional or unintentional) with the odds of getting any particular one. 3-4 have a much higher drop rate.

Ive actually found that I get BETTER consoles from the engineer mission. They arent MXIII but at least they tend to be things that are useful. And really a 2% difference isnt that much.

As far as quality is concerned, I find the odds to be working fine. I only get greens about 1/3 times which is what it should be. The odds favor blues and thats what I mostly get. You have about 2/3 chance of getting a blue or purple quality and thats how it works out for me. Problem is the purples are just trash 9/10.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
the mighty STO rng is somewhat sticky.
I posted about this before the forum change.....

IMO we are getting "stuck" with certain "odds". Ive noticed it over multiple characters. It varies slightly by character. What I mean is that each character has a different set of "stuck" outcomes.

A good example are the Instigate defections. Each character will get the same couple over and over. One toon gets Aliliea or what ever the diplo or advisor is. Another gets Sur the klingon security office over and over.

Sometimes I go thru my roster to look for locked doffs I can grind and need to dismiss and find I have 4-5 of something.

Im no statistician but its pretty obvious than many of the odds just dont work.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Career Officer
# 18
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I am getting a ton of those dirt useless sif generators lately they are worth crap and I got 3 blues, 2 greens and 1 purple of those in the last week. Have yet to see any good purple that i could sell for a decent amount of money.

Wish i would produce Mag regulator consoles as much as I do sif genrator ones.

I sorted my army for white doffs for the upcoming starbases that was from my main. I had a ton of advisors, diplomats, nurses, doctors and energy weapon officers. I had next to no engineering doffs.

(batch size was around 300)

Do you remember that luck machine from the ds9 episode?

I guess my characters are simply stuck with really bad luck XD
Rihannsu
# 19
07-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I've seen decent results, so I'm not convinced the RNG is actually broken.
Career Officer
# 20
07-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiora View Post
I am getting a ton of those dirt useless sif generators lately they are worth crap and I got 3 blues, 2 greens and 1 purple of those in the last week. Have yet to see any good purple that i could sell for a decent amount of money.

Wish i would produce Mag regulator consoles as much as I do sif genrator ones.

I guess my characters are simply stuck with really bad luck XD
Lol, yeah I opened about 400 lock boxes already... did I ever see a dkora? Nope

Anyhoo, I run instigate defection over 8 toons usually starting at the roughly the same hour, using mostly the same set of boffs, usually I get the same boff back on most of the toons.

I don't usually bother with console crafting, a friend got a decent set of doffs, I give him some artefacts, sell the rest. Once a week we get something decent in a 5M range, that barely covers the cost of infusion particles.