Starfleet Veteran
# 51
07-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Granted, but we were talking about the Armitage's torpedo point defense, which has equal power to a Torp Spread 3, but hits a 360 degree angle against all targets in firing range.
Ah well unfortunately thats bound to the armitage.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Ensign
# 52
07-08-2012, 03:37 AM
is it entirely impossible to kill someone very quick with the dreadnought when your a science captain, i meana, i bought a retrain token and i did the same skill tree layout, and now im doing worse than before! everytime im vsing someone, they all go for me and then when i do the tanking method, they seem to counter it, i don't know how, but i know how to use it, im just asking is there a way to increase my damage or countering to other ships with a science captain...and don't start complaining that im a science captain in a dreadnought...
Banned
# 53
07-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiatedcube View Post
is it entirely impossible to kill someone very quick with the dreadnought when your a science captain, i meana, i bought a retrain token and i did the same skill tree layout, and now im doing worse than before! everytime im vsing someone, they all go for me and then when i do the tanking method, they seem to counter it, i don't know how, but i know how to use it, im just asking is there a way to increase my damage or countering to other ships with a science captain...and don't start complaining that im a science captain in a dreadnought...
Well... you ask that I don't complain you're a Science in a Dreadnought, but there is something you MUST take to consideration.

My Alpha on decloak as a Tactical will be VASTLY stronger than yours.

I'm sorry. That is simply the honest truth.

Now, does that mean you shouldn't fly the Dreadnought? No.

But you cannot expect to fly it the same way I do with a completely different skill set.

As I was explaining earlier in this thread, the Dreadnought in the hands of a Tactical is fundamentally different than an Engineer/Science.

Mine is an offensive craft. Decloak, deal retarded high damage far faster than anyone could react to, then pull away, similar to a sniper or shark.

Engineer and Science become support craft. Dual-FAWs and lots of team support skills with 8 beams.

Completely different animal.

The cloak in the latter becomes fairly useless. You cloak at the outset and move in for your first lance attack (you won't 1-shot anyone, but you will damage them). Make sure you're focusing the same target as your team so it dies quickly, since you won't be able to pick the target off yourself.

Once that target is dead, you won't be recloaking for the rest of the fight. Set all of your 8 beams to auto-fire, and chain your two instances of FAW. You will be the primary spam-clearer, and with APB, provide nice fire support for your allies.

With your weapons on auto fire, you can put forth almost all your attention on healing and supporting your team. You can do this for 3 minutes straight until your Lance is off cooldown.

If you wanted, you could pull away, cloak, and come back in for another lance - just know again it won't 1-shot anyone in a Science.

Then go back to support.

I am NOT telling you not to fly the Dreadnought as a Science. But you CANNOT expect it to perform the same as my Tactical Dreadnought.

That said, I hope you weren't one of the Dreadnoughts I blew up in last night's S.O.B. rapefest on my Armitage. Good hunting and I hope you have better luck.
Ensign
# 54
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Well... you ask that I don't complain you're a Science in a Dreadnought, but there is something you MUST take to consideration.

My Alpha on decloak as a Tactical will be VASTLY stronger than yours.

I'm sorry. That is simply the honest truth.

Now, does that mean you shouldn't fly the Dreadnought? No.

But you cannot expect to fly it the same way I do with a completely different skill set.

As I was explaining earlier in this thread, the Dreadnought in the hands of a Tactical is fundamentally different than an Engineer/Science.

Mine is an offensive craft. Decloak, deal retarded high damage far faster than anyone could react to, then pull away, similar to a sniper or shark.

Engineer and Science become support craft. Dual-FAWs and lots of team support skills with 8 beams.

Completely different animal.

The cloak in the latter becomes fairly useless. You cloak at the outset and move in for your first lance attack (you won't 1-shot anyone, but you will damage them). Make sure you're focusing the same target as your team so it dies quickly, since you won't be able to pick the target off yourself.

Once that target is dead, you won't be recloaking for the rest of the fight. Set all of your 8 beams to auto-fire, and chain your two instances of FAW. You will be the primary spam-clearer, and with APB, provide nice fire support for your allies.

With your weapons on auto fire, you can put forth almost all your attention on healing and supporting your team. You can do this for 3 minutes straight until your Lance is off cooldown.

If you wanted, you could pull away, cloak, and come back in for another lance - just know again it won't 1-shot anyone in a Science.

Then go back to support.

I am NOT telling you not to fly the Dreadnought as a Science. But you CANNOT expect it to perform the same as my Tactical Dreadnought.

That said, I hope you weren't one of the Dreadnoughts I blew up in last night's S.O.B. rapefest on my Armitage. Good hunting and I hope you have better luck.
well actually, to be honest i can actually one-shot the defiant or a bird of prey, believe it or not, you should know that i know how to counter or react to attack pattern alpha, so its basically useless to me, but i have SubNuc, so i can take away buffs from players to gain the advantage, i have another character slot maybe i can make a another character (which i've actually started), but i've spent so much time on my science character im actually going to miss my borg officer etc, oh well... if it will make me a better captain...should i do it?
Captain
# 55
07-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Actually both of you are right. Tactical dread can one shot any person with low reactions. While science dread might one shot even person that reacts, thanks to sub nuc. In PvE the tac performs better.

A simple EPtS usually nullifies the lance anyway, and same goes for any defence buff that makes the lance miss.

In case of lance, it's matter of accuracy and lucky crit, not much of skill involved except for timing.
Ensign
# 56
07-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
well actually, to be honest i can actually one-shot the defiant or a bird of prey, believe it or not, you should know that i know how to counter or react to attack pattern alpha, so its basically useless to me, but i have SubNuc, so i can take away buffs from players to gain the advantage, i have another character slot maybe i can make a another character (which i've actually started), but i've spent so much time on my science character im actually going to miss my borg officer etc, oh well... if it will make me a better captain...should i do it?
and no, i wasnt on last night, if i ever see you online, do you think you could help me in-game?
Banned
# 57
07-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Dalnar's correct, though the frequency of the 1-shots is vast enough to conclude that it should not be discounted. EPTS will not nullify a Tactical's lance from a 1-shot by itself, however. So far the only thing that has stopped my full alpha upon a decloak has been either a good premade putting dual Extends + TSS3 + EPTS + Hazards after they see me decloaking rather quickly or an RSP popped in time to avoid my Lance's brunt.

Non-crits will 1-shot most anything if fully buffed on a decloak from a Tactical, assuming the enemy is caught off guard. Crits will 1-shot them through several preparative buffs, such as TSS, EPTS, etc.

Still, debating the power the lance could pump out really doesn't serve much. We all can relatively agree on one fundamental fact:

It hurts. A lot.

@radiatedcube - Any time you need help, just PM me in game - @Hakaishin. I'll do my best to assist and will take you to private matches to allow you to test tactics, builds, etc.
Ensign
# 58
07-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Dalnar's correct, though the frequency of the 1-shots is vast enough to conclude that it should not be discounted. EPTS will not nullify a Tactical's lance from a 1-shot by itself, however. So far the only thing that has stopped my full alpha upon a decloak has been either a good premade putting dual Extends + TSS3 + EPTS + Hazards after they see me decloaking rather quickly or an RSP popped in time to avoid my Lance's brunt.

Non-crits will 1-shot most anything if fully buffed on a decloak from a Tactical, assuming the enemy is caught off guard. Crits will 1-shot them through several preparative buffs, such as TSS, EPTS, etc.

Still, debating the power the lance could pump out really doesn't serve much. We all can relatively agree on one fundamental fact:

It hurts. A lot.

@radiatedcube - Any time you need help, just PM me in game - @Hakaishin. I'll do my best to assist and will take you to private matches to allow you to test tactics, builds, etc.
ok, i also have mentioned i have a tactical officer at lieutenant 8, would that be worth anything to level up with? or should i stick with the science officer. and yes, i will try to contact you for further support, thank you for your offer.
Captain
# 59
07-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Only if the officer has accuracy trait
Ensign
# 60
07-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
ok, i also have mentioned i have a tactical officer at lieutenant 8, would that be worth anything to level up with? or should i stick with the science officer. and yes, i will try to contact you for further support, thank you for your offer.
i was saving 1000 cpoints for the dreadnought retrofit (yeh, saucer separation) i have a retrain token JUST incase, and my new tactical officer only has 2 skills filled at the moment, the attack pattern one and weapons training
Closed Thread