Lieutenant
# 1 That awkward moment when...
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
...you buy a ship just for a console, completely intending to destroy it once you remove the desired item, and it gets randomly named "U.S.S. Challenger."

...there's a 20% sale on ships, 27th till the end of the month; payday on the 9th, stipend from subscription hits on the 10th.

...you queue up for Elite STF while on ESD; show up in a shuttle from the previous hour's Vault STFs.

...you didn't pay attention to secondary weapon before queueing up for ground STF - whip out a lirpa from replay of Coliseum.

...happily typing away in fleet chat when someone asks for if you're up for an STF. You say "Heck yeah!", only to find out it was a mistell, sorry.

...happily typing away in tells to a trusted friend when you accidentally mistell to your whole fleet the sordid details of...um, nevermind.

...you buy a D'Kyr and take it to the shipwright to change its colors & pattern. Oh. Well, no matter, I'll just change the hull type. Windows?

...you finish a PVP match with the most damage dealt, most kills, top of the ever-lovin' heap - and the very next match you're 9 of the 15 possible deaths thanks to a good premade team.

...you invite a friend to your bridge for a trade, accidentally trigger embarrasing dance emote you keybound while drunk.

...you ask a friend to train your very rare science boff; forgot about shared cooldown and now have to make a hard choice.

...bust hump in replay to get Borg/Reman/Breen/Jem'Hadar Boff, level him, change some abilities... costume kills it for you after two weeks.

My meme is probably bad and I should feel bad.
Commander
# 2
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
the 6th one happened to me

Captain
# 3
07-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
...you queue up for Elite STF while on ESD; show up in a shuttle from the previous hour's Vault STFs.
Thats a bit more of an oops moment than swapping out your beam array while in the vault, only to be jumped before you get the new array installed.

Good one.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgig00 View Post
...happily typing away in tells to a trusted friend when you accidentally mistell to your whole fleet the sordid details of...um, nevermind.

...bust hump in replay to get Borg/Reman/Breen/Jem'Hadar Boff, level him, change some abilities... costume kills it for you after two weeks.
Guilty! Except replace "fleet" with "zone." Yeah oops!

How about...

...delete a character with several bound, limited-time items because you wanted to try out a different captain type, only to find out you hate that type and want to go back to what you had before.
Lieutenant
# 5
07-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesica View Post
...delete a character with several bound, limited-time items because you wanted to try out a different captain type, only to find out you hate that type and want to go back to what you had before.
I have a Caitain Tac Captain that this is about to happen to. Two lunges are a little overkill, and tactical caps play far differently than I expected when I built him, but I'm scared I wouldn't like him as a sci or eng.

How about some more?

...you queue for CE for the first time ever in your Torpedo Boat.
...you get excited in pvp because blue team is up, 14-9; remember you're on red team this match.
...you dump all your good stuff in the fleet bank so it can be used for the Starbase; Someone who reads first takes that stuff and loves all their new fleet marks.
...you're playing late at night in the dark and you get abandoned by your away team one by one in the Fire Caves.

Last edited by mrgig00; 07-10-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Captain
# 6
07-10-2012, 03:05 AM
... you have absolutely no idea how you got 8 rare borg salvage and 4 prototypes and 20k dilithium from last night due to combat exhaustion
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Career Officer
# 7
07-10-2012, 03:15 AM
.... you delete (discharge) a ship, forgetting that it had a console that you REALLY should've kept

Last edited by reyan01; 07-10-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Captain
# 8
07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
...you accidentally mistelled an RP session, making it sounds like you wanted to start a coup against your Fleet Admiral.

...You run into a PVP match with your STFs Boffs.

...You run into an STF with your PVP Boffs

...You picked up a console from the fleet bank, slap it onto your ship, only to find a better console for cheap on the exchange not five minutes later

...You recruit more members into your fleet then your own fleet admiral
Lieutenant
# 9
07-10-2012, 07:50 AM
...When you try to "tell" someone something and accidentally use team chat.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
...types "*holds you close whispering*...."I love you.", in fleet accidentally and the whole fleet takes it out of context and responds with "...love you too daaaahling see you on my bridge.".

...of course we all had a good laugh afterward, since the characters were sisters mourning the death of their father. lol

Last edited by sharyssa; 07-10-2012 at 08:11 AM.