Former PWE Community Team Lead
In this week's episode of Priority One, Producer Steve "SalamiInferno" Ricossa, Jr. stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
We are already discussing the No Account bound EDC/Tech/Lobi here:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=302471&page=3
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 3
07-09-2012, 01:21 PM
(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
Captain
# 4
07-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Guess it's time to lobby for the REMOVAL of the "Account Bank" since it's essentially made useless if this decision goes through. What do we need a 10-slot bank (which we can't buy slots for), when we can't transfer any items between characters ON OUR ACCOUNT that are of significant use to our other characters?
Career Officer
# 5
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
// obsolete blabbering, made a better more constructive post below READ THAT ONE!

Last edited by zerobang; 07-09-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
the account bank: thanks for nothing

making stf tech and salvage account bound is impossible to exploit. even bound weapons and consoles made acount bound couldn't be exploited!

i could give a damn about lobi... but by the sounds of it that pos currency derailed everything else that would have made sense. i REALLY didn't think it was possible to HATE lobi more then i already do, but BOY WAS I WRONG
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
grinding for that 1 free lobi?

why not remove that free lobi.

just make it so you open the hacked lockbox and all you get is the dual system consumable?

or just give out the miser book which is all you can buy with 1 lobi anyways.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Career Officer
# 8
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I won't speak against the account bank. I've liked not having to move stuff 5 units at a time and stuffing my E-mail box with 10 E-mails to move 50 things. (now I just have to send 8. )

But I, too, would like to know how the EDC, Tech, Salvage, and Lobi could be exploited if all the stuff comes from the same account, even though it's from one character to another. (I scan see promotions that are only meant to be 1-per-character, as you'd not want one character having 4, 5, 10, 15, etc. of an item meant to only be used/collected once.
Career Officer
# 9
07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
What is the actual functionality of the Account Bank then?

I'm stumped here.

We're worried about some Lobi exploit, OK then don't allow for Lobi to be account bound.

STF Tech & Salvage - push to this to account bound.

The Devs are worried about exploits due to free to play accounts?

I can transfer anything I want right now by trading it to myself through an alt account or simply mailing it to myself.

How are we going to exploit STF tech / salvage or the bound equipment we can buy with them in the first place?

The account bank you worked on, with its whopping 10 slots, is functionally pointless.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 07-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
quoting myself from the other discussion (and updating it a bit):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Spock would LOL so easy is it to solve all your exploits.

Free Lobi = Bind of Pickup
Payed Lobi = Account Bound.

all Lobi Exploits SOLVED.

they already said that existing items would probably not change to account bound unless they run a script or something -> that means 2 different types of these items are able to exist side by side. -> USE THAT AS A FEATURE!

For STF's i really see no problem other than that EDC could be used to circumvent that 8000 / day limit.

-> DO NOT make EDC/Salvage/Tech account bound.
-> instead make the REQUISITIONS Account Bound!

= i can move the Requisition to another character, effectively getting the MACO XII shield that dropped for Char A moved to Char B, but i can not move Token Currency to an ALT to turn that into DIL ORE, and i can't circumvent the 8000 dil / day refinement limit because Requisitions can't be turned in for DIL ORE, only EDC/Salvage/Tech can, also i can't move a complete Set around all my Chars to unlock the Costume Option Accolades, because the final item after the requisition would still be Bind on Pickup.

-> ALL STF Exploits Solved

...SIMPLE LOGIC

SPOCK WOULD LOL !

-> having EDC/Salvage/Tech account bound would allow these items to be moved to other characters and turned in for DILITHIUM ORE effectively circumventing the 8000 / day dil refining limit of that character.

-> having the OMEGA / MACO / KHG items able to be moved around would open up the possibility to move the complete set around all your characters, unlocking the permanent Accolade for the Costume options on all your characters with just one set.

Therefore make the REQUISITION account bound -> the Requisition can't be turned into Dilithium Ore anymore, and the Item you would buy with the Requisition would still be Bind on Pickup.

WIN WIN

Last edited by zerobang; 07-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.