Captain
# 11
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
^^^This.

/10char
Banned
# 12
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Enjoyed the interview, especially the reveal that a STO doff app was already in development!

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 07-10-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
07-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
quoting myself from the other discussion (and updating it a bit):

-> having EDC/Salvage/Tech account bound would allow these items to be moved to other characters and turned in for DILITHIUM ORE effectively circumventing the 8000 / day dil refining limit of that character.

-> having the OMEGA / MACO / KHG items able to be moved around would open up the possibility to move the complete set around all your characters, unlocking the permanent Accolade for the Costume options on all your characters with just one set.

Therefore make the REQUISITION account bound -> the Requisition can't be turned into Dilithium Ore anymore, and the Item you would buy with the Requisition would still be Bind on Pickup.

WIN WIN
yes pls winning.

also why the hell not make lobi account wide i got 12 charaters with 10-300 on them would be nice if i could pool that to get something for one charater.

any chance of adding more account bank slots i want to buy more as i use the account bank alot more than the normal bank.
Lieutenant
# 14
07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
this is not a exploit,this is stupid,like i cant already in your terms exploit,i have one good developt caracter and i started new one and i got to the point i dont have EC on my new toon ,then i went on my good old toon and buy stuf i need and mail it to new toon,then i play some on this toon and other and colect 20 Contraband then transfer it to one toon or to all toons and refine it!!!!!then this too is exploit in your word why you alowed that then!!!!
Career Officer
# 15
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Enjoyed the interview, especially the reveal that a STO doff app was already in development! One minor gripe: when Elijah(I believe it was) asked about whether there would be any extension of the veteran rewards pas 1000 days, and the answer was basically no, he said "cool, thanks for answering". Did you *really* think that was cool, or just not know what to say in response? I've noticed this before in other interviews where the answer kind of sucks, but someone then says something like "cool" as if it were actually good news.
So we're doing away with the Veteran rewards past 1000 days huh ?

Are there ANY perks being planned to reward subscribers and players who've stuck around past 1000?

Have we reached a state where the focus is so much on lock boxes and revenue development, that you can't spend just a little time to appreciate and recognize?

When I became a lifetimer, Veteran rewards were listed as a perk.
Might it be replaced with something else ? Or do you feel you've given enough back to us at this point?

The game has PLENTY of ups and downs.
I personally don't think it's too much to ask that you continue to recognize milestones past 1000 days with a little thought, a minuscule amount of development time (comparatively speaking), and a bone throw, even though it doesn't generate any additional new revenue.

Say a vanity costume piece here, (like a service medal), maybe a new accolade there, or hell, you could even throw us 1 hacked gold lock box. Other games do.

It's just a nice, fun thing to do. And it gives us something to look forward to.

I don't even want to think about that account bank lobi crystal exploit nonsense. With the prices as high as they are in the lobi store, I doubt there would be much of an exploit there. Perhaps a tad less of a money grab maybe.
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty

Last edited by vengefuldjinn; 07-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Captain
# 16
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Little disappointed that he said most of s6 is on tribble. I expected at least double the content for a season update. When testing stuff i was thinking hmm so this is the bare basics of s6 but nope turns out its most if not all of s6.

Dont get me wrong the new space missions are kinda cool tho dunno how repeatable they can be without sets to aim for like stfs as doing em for fleet marks or whatever isnt enough imo.

The starbases are ok tho pretty basic and not alot of choice of what to do on a sb for members of a fleet. Only the fleet leader can dictate what is to do and work towards and the only thing members can do is contribute which to me feels like a bore fest and isnt fun just giving things to a system. I would have liked to see more members have stuff to do for sb stuff like run stations on the sb or part of a sb crew have responsibilities i.e missions/work to do.

Edit - A friend said something i think is worth including. *right now it just seems to be like giving one guy the power to say "Do what I want minions"* Which yeah starbases are only controlled by fleet leaders the rest are "minions" who go collect the stuff so he can use. Not very fair is it.

Edit continued - He also mentioned about giving the members of a fleet the option to customise their own room or something, some sort of activity to do on their own at least on the starbase. So a possible room per person like a home away from their ship which they can decorate and design. Something like this i believe he is meaning which i agree, would be nice to have.

Tried the tholian ground easy missions. Bit boring just spam killing tholians and clicking on a few things and picking up tholian drops. Not much of a story is there or voice over or cinematics. Just seems as lame as defera is.

Oh about lobi being account bound or not. Well its not very easy to get i.e you cant create toons and get it and trade it or whatever. Only thing i need is lobi to be account bound not char bound because i have a kdf at 190 lobi ish and a fed with 76 lobi. I need the 190 on my fed toon so i can get a console for 200 lobi i dont see why i should have to spend millions to get more lobi when i have it on a diff toon just sitting there with no intention of using for my kdf (at this time).

Last edited by cptskeeteruk; 07-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Commander
# 17
07-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Guess it's time to lobby for the REMOVAL of the "Account Bank" since it's essentially made useless if this decision goes through. What do we need a 10-slot bank (which we can't buy slots for), when we can't transfer any items between characters ON OUR ACCOUNT that are of significant use to our other characters?
I use my account bank all the time for moving stuff between characters. It's much handier than mail. I just wish we could move Boffs and Doffs that way.

Just because it doesn't serve the purpose you want it for doesn't mean it's not useful to others.

p.s. I was also hoping some things would be account bound that aren't, but that doesn't mean want to throw away what functionality we did receive just because it wasn't everything I wanted.
Captain
# 18
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
quoting myself from the other discussion (and updating it a bit):

-> having EDC/Salvage/Tech account bound would allow these items to be moved to other characters and turned in for DILITHIUM ORE effectively circumventing the 8000 / day dil refining limit of that character.

-> having the OMEGA / MACO / KHG items able to be moved around would open up the possibility to move the complete set around all your characters, unlocking the permanent Accolade for the Costume options on all your characters with just one set.

Therefore make the REQUISITION account bound -> the Requisition can't be turned into Dilithium Ore anymore, and the Item you would buy with the Requisition would still be Bind on Pickup.

WIN WIN
I soooo agree with this! I can see where Salami was coming from but what Zerobang has suggested cancels out these concerns that Salami and team may have. Although, to further safeguard exploit concerns I wouldn't allow the requisitions to be bound to account and allow you to move Mk Xii etc gear around your alts to get accolades etc. But instead, make the Requisitions "Bind On Equip".

That might suit the concerns of the Cryptic team a bit more and yet eliminate another exploit they just might be concerned about?