Captain
# 1 The sniper rifle
07-09-2012, 06:05 AM
I really love this weapon, mostly for the range but also for the exploit attack. With a Tac officer and the right use of your skills you can one shot enemies sometimes. In fact not so special, because that is what a sniper shot should do.

Sometimes, I said and there is a problem. The exploit attack has a knock back and puts the target in most cases out of range. This nullifies in fact the whole attack. If the knock back wasn't there I could finish it off with a normal attack. So in stead of a knock back, I would like to have a knock down.
Captain
# 2
07-09-2012, 06:21 AM
We have a sniper rifle?

Do us a favor please. When looking at the item, do a crtl-click on the icon for the weapon. That should put the title of the weapon into your zone chat field. Copy and paste that here without the brackets.

That way we can see what you;re looking at.

Thanks
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-09-2012, 06:25 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Sniper_Rifle

I too love sniping on my Tacticals and the knockback can be annoying but the impact of a shot knocking a target back makes more sense than it gettting knocked down.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 4
07-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Just a friendly warning. Virtually everyone who runs ground STFs will want the weapon to remain unchanged. The knockback has some strategic uses. So I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you.

Frankly, I've never seen this suggestion before. You may just be the only person in-game who really wants to keep those 44.9 meters between himself and the nearest enemy at all times. I'd suggest you hit your CMO up for some anxiety pills and learn to live with 40.
Reave
Captain
# 5
07-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
oooo an empty page

edit: Yes I see them now. thanks
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM
i love the knock back. Slam em up against a wall and lunge after em
Career Officer
# 7
07-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Sniper rifle... Except for its Secondary Phaser pistols are hitting you at the same range! Whats so Sniper about that! Hell I get better Ranges off the Borg prosthetic
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 8
07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
We have a sniper rifle?

Do us a favor please. When looking at the item, do a crtl-click on the icon for the weapon. That should put the title of the weapon into your zone chat field. Copy and paste that here without the brackets.

That way we can see what you;re looking at.

Thanks
You have to the count 884 posts and you don't know what a sniper rifle is.
Damn Dude.

Wow.

I am exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilizations in a galaxy far, far away...
With my Assault Cannon.
Ensign
# 9
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I love my Sniper Rifle, 3 out of my 4 Captains have it as their primary, with Tsukanese Falchions as secondary (I swear, I try to change it up, but it always ends up this way) I just love lining up some unlucky mook who is only two days from retirement, buff up, and...

Boom... headshot. I love this Sniper rifle! But it honestly begs the question, what skills and kits go best with it?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Sniper!!! Well, I noticed that knock back when I first started using them... Since then I make an account for that, combined with the single shot on automatic - I get double shots at times; and that can take a mob out. Not sure if it's and single shot firing or a double sniper shot; I would guess it's a single shot.

I like to move within range of the sniper, move in a bit more to account for the knock back. And having my AT planted some distance away, I let them loose to come towards me and then fire the sniper shot, then a single shot, usually I can get at least one other mob with a sniper shot as my AT start firing away <EG>

I almost always have my Sniper, and a situational weapon; and yes I do carry a bunch of them. I tend to favor the Jem'Hadar with the damage packs

Last edited by corjet; 06-03-2013 at 11:39 PM.