Lt. Commander
# 1 Steam wallet, again
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
I cant find/remeber which topic it was under or a specific topic about it, but i want to know is how i do the cheat way of getting STO on steam, i know you had to start the download on Steam, then copy and paste or something like that, could someone reply with the right instructuctions, because ill be damned if im linking my account to PWE, so i will need the use of steam wallet.
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbon View Post
I cant find/remeber which topic it was under or a specific topic about it, but i want to know is how i do the cheat way of getting STO on steam, i know you had to start the download on Steam, then copy and paste or something like that, could someone reply with the right instructuctions, because ill be damned if im linking my account to PWE, so i will need the use of steam wallet.
Dude, I hate to break it to you, but come Thusday, you're going to have to link your account, or you won't even be able to play anymore. They're doing the forced conversion then, I believe.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 3
07-10-2012, 03:00 AM
it is hinted in the FAQ that at some point in the future all accounts will have to be linked. this is not being enforced this week at the change over but I imagine it won't be that far along the road. If you want to purchase zen however you have to link.

no matter how you slice it, PWE are the game publishers now and that is unlikely to change for some time. Also wether you buy your zen via steam or directly from PWE - PWE get the money so you are still supporting them but options are good. But you may want to check wether steam will be following the same method and now require a pwe account to purchase zen. might save you some effort.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009

Last edited by eiledon; 07-10-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
it is hinted in the FAQ that at some point in the future all accounts will have to be linked. this is not being enforced this week at the change over but I imagine it won't be that far along the road.

no matter how you slice it, PWE are the game publishers now and that is unlikely to change for some time. Also wether you buy your zen via steam or directly from PWE - PWE get the money so you are still supporting them but options are good.
Really? It's not this week? But if it's not, then anyone who hasn't linked their account can't buy anything anymore... since they can't buy Zen without being linked... and C-Points won't exist anymore.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 5
07-10-2012, 03:03 AM
sorry - they are not enforcing it for those who don't buy zen - but if you want to buy zen then yes you have to link.

I clarified my post after reading the faq a bit closer.

specifically:

Q: I have a Cryptic account that I have not yet linked to a Perfect World account. How do I purchase ZEN?
When this conversion rolls out, we will no longer be selling Cryptic Points. The only way to purchase ZEN is to have a Perfect World account. We recommend going through the account linking process as described here.

Q: Am I being forced to link my Cryptic account to a Perfect World account with this change?
Not right now. For now you are welcome to keep your Cryptic account, but you will not be able to purchase points until you link. Within the next few months, we plan to require you to link your Cryptic account in order to play Cryptic games. Now would be a good time to go through the linking process, to avoid any interruption to your game play. You can learn more about account linking here.

Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2012, 03:06 AM
All ic an say then is..uggggggh Thank god GW2 is Soon to be released..

Edit: I have linked my accounts to save the hassle..considerme fully assimilated..

Last edited by vonbon; 07-10-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-10-2012, 03:30 AM
It doesn't matter if they are called Cryptic or PWE accounts, they have been virtually the same since PWE bought Cryptic. You're just transfering a bit of data from one database table to another. Are people really this dumb?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2012, 03:35 AM
its more a principle thing, nothing more.
Career Officer
# 9
07-10-2012, 03:40 AM
well in time honoured tradition (for when you abandon ship)

I khan haz your stuffs?

Assimilation is fairly painless.