Lt. Commander
# 81
04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
WOW.... EPic.. truly epic story.. I love it.. I was on the edge of my seat.. very well written..

Great job!!
Lt. Commander
# 82
04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm glad people liked this one.
Lt. Commander
# 83
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenblade View Post
Just wondering, but weren't you the same person who thought the previous supplemental log didn't make sense, and made a stink that Starfleet disbanding the Borg task force didn't make sense, either? No offense, but seriously, your arguments seem nitpicky and petty. You're acting like things stated to be cultural norms for these species are hard rules that each character has to follow, a mandate set in stone. The Klingons tend to follow a warrior philosophy, yet we've seen Klingons before that don't believe in that philosophy and don't fight on the battlefields (such as Antaak from the Enterprise Klingon Augment arc). They value honor, yet we saw even Martok's own son not live up to these standards. Let the writers have some leeway with their characters, and not act like everyone should be predictable to the point of mathematical calculation.

Besides, since you seem to have a regular problem with the supplemental logs, why not write your own and offer up an alternative you think would make sense, and let us analyze and pick apart the inconsistencies here?
In what way is wanting internal and external consistency nitpicky and petty? I'm pointing out aspects that determine the entire plot and characterization, not the color of phaser beams. Klingon honor isn't human honor, and as you've pointed out, they don't always follow their honor code either. The guy says they'll act honorably, after they just shot at his fleeing vessel and other civilian ships, and says they helped the wounded, even though they have been shown to kill the wounded in DS9. He says the Gorn never retreat, except he's taking escaping Gorn refuges which goes against the idea of extreme territoriality. The method is right, the history is being delivered as an entertaining story, but the execution is flawed.

I have offered suggestions with my criticism and have offered an alternative plot under the assumption that they're using the Star Trek prequel comic, in another thread. I have also offered suggestions and evidence on how the Klingons would become the Federation's enemy once again, in older threads.
Lt. Commander
# 84
04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Awesooooooooooooooooome!!!!!!!:d
Lt. Commander
# 85
04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Really really great. I love it. I hope the tokhe straav that fired on the civilian vessels got killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
In what way is wanting internal and external consistency nitpicky and petty?
Because you overdo it. In TOS Kor took hostages, in TNG Worf said a Klingon would never take hostages, and Kor was a dahar master at that time. In Star Trek VI a female was chancellor in TNG/DS9 women couldn't be part of the high council. In the end Klingon honour is what is needed for the plot, mostly because the guy who can kill all the other guys and cite Kahless gets to say what honour is.

Quote:
I'm pointing out aspects that determine the entire plot and characterization, not the color of phaser beams. Klingon honor isn't human honor, and as you've pointed out, they don't always follow their honor code either.
Klingon honour is Klingon honour. And Klingon honour changes. At the moment we have a Federation-friendly chancellor and soon an ex-Starfleet officer as a General.

Quote:
The guy says they'll act honorably, after they just shot at his fleeing vessel and other civilian ships, and says they helped the wounded, even though they have been shown to kill the wounded in DS9.
We don't know who shot at the vessel, we don't know if he had orders and we don't know what happened to him after the battle.
So, maybe Klingons only kill wounded soldiers? I seriously don't know where you see the big mistakes.

Quote:
He says the Gorn never retreat, except he's taking escaping Gorn refuges which goes against the idea of extreme territoriality.
Again semantics. Gorn "soldiers" never retreat. Why should civilians stay on a dangerous space station?

Quote:
The method is right, the history is being delivered as an entertaining story, but the execution is flawed.
Only as flawed as Star Trek already is, and I'm really happy that Kestrel is a writer who can make interesting stories without a great superweapon ship, unlike the writers for Star Trek X and XI....
Lt. Commander
# 86
04-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
I meet David Steiner in Quark's Bar, Grill, Gaming House, Holosuite Arcade, Gift Shop and Ferengi Embassy. It's the hub of social life on Deep Space Nine, and there's an infectious air of fun, revelry and commerce punctuated by shouts of joy and cries of dismay from the dabo tables.

Steiner keeps his eyes down and his voice low, ignoring the frivolity surrounding him. He nurses a Saurian brandy during our interview, but from the empty glasses on the table when I arrived, I could tell it wasn't his first drink of the evening.

Link to the news article.
We are one more to the game WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lt. Commander
# 87
04-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
I'm glad people liked this one
Liked is an understatement!
Lt. Commander
# 88
04-18-2009, 02:45 PM
having a little problem with this one
Lt. Commander
# 89
04-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federationrulz View Post
The Gorn conquered, and used as a slave race? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Not a slave race by any means. One hierarchy swears allegiance to a more powerful one for the gain of both.
When we hear of great leaders of history “brining unity” to ancient tribes and building an empire, how do you think they did that? It didn’t always happen with a friendly handshake and a smile; very often it happened with a chiefs head on a pike and his generals learning to take orders in Roman.
Lt. Commander
# 90
04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Great!

Every time a piece of the storyline is posted, I get more excited about this game! Don't you even think about letting me down!