Career Officer
# 11
07-08-2012, 10:11 AM
That is true, but I am looking for actual benzite bridge officers, not undine imposters. (And finding an alien with the appropriate racial traits [natural armour/natural immunities] might be difficult.)

Still, it remains puzzling and disappointing that as it current stands, there are no benzite bridge officer candidates in the game.
Career Officer
# 12
07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianvalour View Post
That is true, but I am looking for actual benzite bridge officers, not undine imposters. (And finding an alien with the appropriate racial traits [natural armour/natural immunities] might be difficult.)

Still, it remains puzzling and disappointing that as it current stands, there are no benzite bridge officer candidates in the game.
We want benzite boffs, it would seem they should be in game by now someone dropped the ball at cryptic.
Career Officer
# 13
07-10-2012, 05:53 AM
The last I heard they were putting off making Benzite Boffs until they sorted out how they were going to handle the Boff to captain transition. They didn't want to let Boffs like Caitians or Rigelians and the like easily available to players since you would then get around the C-store race unlock through that method.

Yes that makes no sense when it comes to the Benzites.

Yes that is still the answer they gave.
Career Officer
# 14
07-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Well thank you very much for the information, lpthomasmarik. That is certainly disappointing news, and still doesn't explain why they were not implemented previously, but it is more information that I had before.
Career Officer
# 15
08-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianvalour View Post
Well thank you very much for the information, lpthomasmarik. That is certainly disappointing news, and still doesn't explain why they were not implemented previously, but it is more information that I had before.
There is an easy way around this little problem of theirs. This way wont go down well with players though. You can bet that in order to use your First Officer, Cryptic are going to put some sort of price on it. Heck, if they're putting Space Suits up at what, 700 Zen? They're not going to be giving us no free First Officer ability.

Suffice to say, if they do decide to charge for this then, quite simply, anyone who uses a Zen-purchased race (Aenar, Caitian ect) as their first officer should be able to use them for that position free of charge. That would sort that problem out.

As far as the Benzite (or lack of them) go. It's ridiculous that this is still an on-going problem. Add it to the list of Cryptic Cockups.
Ensign
I happen to had a Benzite character, I noticed no duty officer like that race. I checked forum and I noticed other said same thing. I posted to see if developer will see our message and maybe will answer about possible add Benzite bridge officer soon. Thank you.