Career Officer
# 11
07-10-2012, 06:39 AM
It's a great console.

The Point Defense weapon itself has proved invaluable on many an occasion - I primarily play STF's, and it'll help clear assimilated BOP's/Probes in a pretty short space of time.
Captain
# 12
07-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
Hello,
I'm a free to player, so I've been grinding away to get dilithium to trade for C-points on the exchange. It takes HOURS to get to any amount that's worth having. I've been thinking about buying the Thunderchild so I can get the Point defence console. But I don't want to dump 800 c-points (and TONS of time) into it if I won't like it.

My question to you all is, is the PDS console worth buying? Is it effective? Does it help in PVP?

thanks in advance
If you only had ONE swarm of pets to deal with, it's fine. However you never have to deal with one swarm of pets, so it's frankly a waste of money. Same goes for the armitages torp point defense console.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
^^

What he said. It's a 3 minute cooldown I believe and for doing the same amount of work that I'm already doing with my CSV and TS its not buying me much. I am using it on my peregrine and makes missions a whole lot easier.