Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
ViVox also has horrible quality.. and I believe F2P still get ads that play..
Hmm, I havent heard a "This Voice Chat brought to you by Vivox" in a very long time.

As far as the quality goes, never heard anyone using it, but before I disabled it, it would glitch terribly with the chat box. Every time I entered a team it would a bar would pop up under the input box for the chat system, and that bar would stay even after leaving. Eventually, get enough of those and you cant see anything in the chat box. Plus, only thing that would get rid of em was re-loggin.
Captain
# 12
07-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admlshake View Post
It's bad enough in the elites to be chat spammed by some dumb *** who doesn't think I'm using my BO skills properly and feels the need to point it out every 30 seconds, having to listen to him voice this opinion might be enough for me to track down where he lives and beat him.
Maybe zone chat not working for me is a good thing.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lieutenant
# 13
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I wish more people would use voice chat as well. It would be much easier to coordinate ESTF's
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
ViVOX was too little too late...

It took them almost 2 years to introduce it, and by then most fleets (including my own) had already settled on different methods (such as skype, vent or team speak).
This mostly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I used to leave it enabled for PUGs and such, but one day after hearing a Buger King ad right in the middle of an STF I disabled it forever.
I knew the F2P players would hear ads, but I thought LTS and other Gold members wouldn't...?
At any rate, the quality was definitly not as good as the TS server we've been using for the past 8-10 years, so we'll stick with what works.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Rihannsu
# 15
07-10-2012, 12:52 PM
TBH, I'd use it, but whenever I hear anyone else using it, either the message comes out hopelessly garbled, or someone's just blaring loud music through their mic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admlshake View Post
It's bad enough in the elites to be chat spammed by some dumb *** who doesn't think I'm using my BO skills properly and feels the need to point it out every 30 seconds, having to listen to him voice this opinion might be enough for me to track down where he lives and beat him.
Pretty much this. I enable it when I play with people I know in real life. Other than that I never do. Stupid is bad enough when it's written, and the last thing I want when I get home from a long day of listening to stupid people is putting on a headset and listening to more.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Captain
# 17
07-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I've never used it and never reallly used anything like that on STO when I played Guild wars me and my Guild just used Msn Messenger
Career Officer
# 18
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
i never used it because thefre was a bug that that kept adding channels until the entire chat window was filled with empty chat channels.