Starfleet Veteran
# 31
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozujsko View Post
now i am realy confused,i have on demand patching disabled but i didnt see any prepaching,i play sto every day and after or during game or at start of the game i didnt see any paching,can somone elaborate please
The pre patch occurs once you exit the game. After you quit the game, the launcher will pop up and start the pre patch
Career Officer
# 32
07-10-2012, 05:56 PM
My favorite thing about the pre-patch is I know its there before I even get into the game.

How, you might ask... Well its because my Iolo Startup Guard force closes the launcher

Ive done everything on my end to allow the program to run.... Since they've started the prepatch Ive had to disable a security measure
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
07-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
My favorite thing about the pre-patch is I know its there before I even get into the game.

How, you might ask... Well its because my Iolo Startup Guard force closes the launcher

Ive done everything on my end to allow the program to run.... Since they've started the prepatch Ive had to disable a security measure
get better security software
Captain
# 34
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
7 hours, whew. Hope your techs have enough coffee cups.
I thought that's what their new employee was for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
...Because it's not. Remember the forum transition?
Went through my mind as well. Time for a betting pool as to how long the downtime lasts?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
07-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
I thought that's what their new employee was for.

Went through my mind as well. Time for a betting pool as to how long the downtime lasts?
im going to go for 6hrs or less but then a another server down time within a few hours for 2 hours
Career Officer
# 36
07-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
get better security software
You'd assume since its preventing something from opening, its working. The problem is when the game is running its process is "gameclient.exe". The process doesnt exist to be added to the whitelist. I ran into this issue when using the Z Board keyboard software. I simply made a fake exe file to trick my keyboard into running the game profile I wanted. The startup guard knows its a fake. :p

Also...something constructive would of been nice....

ATM looks like you were just padding your post count...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 37
07-10-2012, 09:01 PM
paddoooooooooooming my post count.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Captain
# 38
07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Normally the patch or maintenance is 3 hrs so I believe it is Season 6 also may be the testing rewards for testing the Tholian mission and spending a hour doing so.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm betting on season 6. It's too soon for test rewards, and too much downtime for the zen conversion.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly
Republic Veteran
# 40
07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
So,2pm till 9pm UK time,makes a pleasant change to have it done during our prime time in game ... ( Sarcasm Alert )

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS."-- Grant Morrison
Closed Thread