Empire Veteran
# 11
07-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Thank you for sharing that opinion. However the actual facts are: A) those ships are in game, and B) they arent connies. Therefore the fact that CBS will not allow a T5 connie has absolutely nothing to do with those ships being in the fleet store like their other T2 counterparts.
its actually less of an opinion and more of a precedent that was set. other wise the saber would look like the excalibur. those ships have nothing to do with the connie? really? they only exist as a costume gimmick for the connie. same goes for all the cryptic designs that complement canon designs. they will never release a retrofit tier 2 cruiser minus the connie skin. they are all invalid because they all have to do with the connie. thats what i figure cbs thinks, or there would have been a tier 5 Excalibur among the fleet ships right now.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Banned
# 12
07-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
they only exist as a costume gimmick for the connie. same goes for all the cryptic designs that complement canon designs.
And yet, those other cryptic designs are going to be in the fleet store. Therefore they can do the same with the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter and simply not have the connie skin as an option if CBS will not allow it.
Empire Veteran
# 13
07-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
And yet, those other cryptic designs are going to be in the fleet store. Therefore they can do the same with the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter and simply not have the connie skin as an option if CBS will not allow it.
cbs doesn't have a problem with those ships being in game in the first place, like they do with the connie
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 14
07-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Can I say...

I would like to see BOs in STFs.

I agree that they're all dressed up and have nowhere to go.

My feeling is that the pathing wouldn't generally work to have them in regular parts of Khitomer Accord or Infected.

They'd work fine in The Cure.

For KA and Infected, I think you'd need to restrict them to certain rooms. Treat them as summonable, stationary turrets in the Rebecca Simmons fight. Or heck, maybe make them the ones we're saving from assimilation at some point. You wouldn't use their gear directly but maybe the quality of their gear could determine how long the timer is that we can still save them from assimilation.

Even if they just showed up as hostages or questgivers, I think it would add a lot.
Lieutenant
# 15
07-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Very nicely done
Rihannsu
# 16
07-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post

Concentus: uh let's see... Oh now for the infamous balance question. What's the balance target for new ships and skills and items, is it balanced for the 5-player team in mind, and why do so many "broken and unbalanced powers" slip QA and make it straight onto Holodeck?

Geko: I actually find it a very esoteric question,.... I teach a class on this internally

we wanted it to be 20 clicks before somebody dies, before you kill a particular enemy, and you kinda start from there,

And part of it is if we want people to be excited about something, if we want people to really want that spinal lance or that antimatter spread or that photon torpedo point defence system you kinda on purpose make it a little overpowered. Just a little bit. Just to make it exciting.

Sometimes it hurts PvP a little, and I recognize that, but there's always counters, we're always developing counters for these things.
Kudos for bringing this up.

Maybe revise the syllabus of that class, and make the QnA team sit in it.

So in 5v5 arena matches how does the 20click philosphy work out, do you have data or experience to actuall see if your design is whats going on out here?

A little OP, like the bug, why is it so hard to build immunities into these powers so things like AMS cannot be chained, i mean freakin borg NPC get resists, ppl still want to buy their p2w crap, but players can be chained???? does this make sense to anyone???

Always counters???, like uh the subsystems repair skill both in the old and new skill tree, like the working counters to chronitons, absent for 2 years straight, and not working on tribble despite the patch, original PSW stun, VM..... always counters?????are you sure you are looking at the right spreadsheet maybe time to simplify it
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Banned
# 17
07-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
cbs doesn't have a problem with those ships being in game in the first place, like they do with the connie
Which simply means the connie cant be one of the costume options, not that the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter cant.
Republic Veteran
# 18
07-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Geko: Sure, well I don't really have a good answer for you. I don't think we're planning on making a separate pet inventory bag, I mean that could be done, but... Star Trek has of all the games I've ever worked on, of all the games Cryptic has worked on, probably any MMO, the largest data footprint of any other game, because you have your character's paper doll, and your ship's paper doll, all your ships, all your bridge officers, it's a lot of items, not to mention your bank, your fleet bank... so that's why we charge for inventory space, because it's expensive on our side to manage all that data, run out of harddrive space, to be honest, so we have to keep buying harddrives that fill. So giving away 6 or 10 slots just to keep your pets in would be expensive for us, not just to implement, but also to maintain. But it's also more stuff people have on them, the slower it is to load every time because people have all this stuff on them that includes all of their pets and all of their ships and all of their bridge officers, and all of their inventory, you have to get all of that information, so it gets bigger and bigger, so it's a technological challenge.
Granted Starwars Galaxies has since closed down, but it wasn't too dissimilar to Cryptics shovelware randomly generated items, no doubt they had crazy databases for all the randomly crafted items of different qualities. No game or MMORPG have really matched SWG in that regard.
Republic Veteran
# 19
07-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Can I say...

I would like to see BOs in STFs.

I agree that they're all dressed up and have nowhere to go.

My feeling is that the pathing wouldn't generally work to have them in regular parts of Khitomer Accord or Infected.

They'd work fine in The Cure.

For KA and Infected, I think you'd need to restrict them to certain rooms. Treat them as summonable, stationary turrets in the Rebecca Simmons fight. Or heck, maybe make them the ones we're saving from assimilation at some point. You wouldn't use their gear directly but maybe the quality of their gear could determine how long the timer is that we can still save them from assimilation.

Even if they just showed up as hostages or questgivers, I think it would add a lot.
Instead of shoehorning the BOFFs in too the current STFs, it seems more logical to make a "Presentation STF" for new lvl 50s which introduces players to the STF gameplay, but entirely within the comfort zone of their own BOFFs and NPCs. This type of mission is sorely missing regardless.

Rewards could be the Uncommon Borg (Type) tech.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
07-11-2012, 09:16 AM
@th3gr4ndnagu5

I believe they said some c-store ships would not be getting the fleet version if they did not have a console. The excelsior had its transwarp abilities reintegrated and the console removed. The Connie also only has weapons and not a console so it would not get a version either.