Rihannsu
# 11
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
they've never been account wide. To answer the OPs question, you can't retrieve attachments from the minimap inbox button, to retrieve those you have to go to a mail terminal at a starbase.
Captain
# 12
07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
To answer the OPs question, you can't retrieve attachments from the minimap inbox button, to retrieve those you have to go to a mail terminal at a starbase.
We know that. The concern though is that we've never been told that ingame. It's always been via word of mouth with other players.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 13
07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I thought if you hovered your mouse over the greyed-out "Take Items" button it tells you to get to a terminal?

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 14
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boorman73 View Post
Agreed. There should be instructions IN the mail that say how to reclaim them. I always wondered why they put those mail terminals in game when I could read/send mail from anywhere. Now I know!
Aww, geez, can't they just, uhh, MAIL FORWARD the items to me and make the items reclaimable EVERYwhere? *Sigh* I still think it's silly you can't claim items from the MAIL you can read everywhere. I mean, don't they have mail forwarding or interstellar FedEx in the future? Sheesh. Why make the interface more complicated than it needs to be? Why not just have the same mail interface/behavior EVERYwhere? I mean, it seems to me that it also means that when there is a mail bug to fix they've have to code the fix in BOTH places in the game? Unless they use the same code functions & just disable part of it selectively?

~MG
Career Officer
# 15
07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
they've never been account wide. To answer the OPs question, you can't retrieve attachments from the minimap inbox button, to retrieve those you have to go to a mail terminal at a starbase.
And it's still just as silly a design decision as it was on day 1 when they rolled it out...

Why can't we have a little interface consistency? Why do we need one mail station to behave DIFFERENTLY than another mail station? *Sigh* It's stupid little inconsistent design decisions that tend to annoy players (reality doesn't match expected functionality).

~MG

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 07-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Ensign
# 16
03-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
You need to go to a mail terminal... next to the bank terminals on ESD for example. Only at a mail terminal can you retrieve the items from the mail, and they will be put back in your inventory.
Thank you! I thought I lost so many ultra rare boff candidates and other items.
Captain
# 17
03-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Old thread is old...
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.