Republic Veteran
# 11
07-11-2012, 04:20 AM
8:30 for Khitomer Space Elite

5:30 for The Cure Space Elite

6:30 for Infected Space Elite

The CD is indeed too long, not the missions.

LOL PvE.

Visit the German STO forum: www.sto-center.de/forum
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/STOHellspawny
Weapon Damage Calculator: Download

Last edited by xxxhellspawnyxxx; 07-11-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Added Vids. Have fun.
Captain
# 12
07-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Marctraider took the vids... we could have shaved a 1 min of these easy if we really wanted to... 45 min omg that would have to be the worst case of Rainbow Bright Turret boats ever to hit the STF que. Seriously these things are not hard.

Cure 5:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDQjEAh-bSY&feature=plcp

Infected 5:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZjCB0nhVhQ&feature=plcp

Khitomer 8:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTqQtD2ZpU&feature=plcp

Last edited by husanakx; 07-11-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Ensign
# 13
07-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
You're bad. I could clear Khitomer 2x by myself in 45 minutes.
I would LOVE to see you do this, between bouncing back and forth killing probes, when are you going to find time to drop a gate?
Commander
# 14
07-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxhellspawnyxxx View Post
Agreed. I think the CD should be 15 mins. The whlole idea of the CD is to prevent players from spamming the heck out of STF's so as to hit the dil cap, but getting 8k dil in one day is a faceroll anyway
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Empire Veteran
# 15
07-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikamak View Post
Changing the difficulty of STFs, in my opinion they made some big mistakes.

1 - They last too long comparing with the drop. Cure space and Kithomer are particulary long. You can play one even for 45 minutes ore more and get useless drops. Being so, they don't worth the time spent playing them.
Wow really 10-15 minutes is too long? If you're taking longer than that check out some info on how to STF. There's a guide somewhere here on the Archived Posts. Guess you missed the old style Infected/Cure/KA from Pre-S4, back then an Hour run was fast.

Quote:
2 - Enemy damage. Quite often a single shot deals you 45.000 damage even if you have your shields up. I palyed some STF where i respawned just to get another blow of 40-50.000 damege and explode again.

Other nuisances are tolerable, but the two I described make me loose the wish to join a STF.
Yea, people who get one shotted need more info about their ship/powers/consoles. I'm sure there is an Archived Post about that too. Timing and Attention = Both increase Survival Rate

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lieutenant
# 16
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Khitomer is the worst bloody STF to PuG, when Pugging these take 45 min at min and those invisible borg torps are killing...
Lieutenant
# 17
07-11-2012, 09:34 AM
How long they last depends on the skill. When i Q with some friends we finish them in 10mins give or take, always catch optional and never fail.

Good clean runs.

However dmg is a bit weird...I was soloing a cube (Khitomer) with my defiant, i was on 60% and cube was on 40%. I did evasive manouvers to get away with full shields on my back - i was running away for restealth and final burst for a kill. When on 9th km from the cube i just die...didnt see a projectile etc...

Overall for me STFs are fine, just there are too few of them...
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
OMG, someone spent 45 minutes on an STF. When Infected first came out, it took my fleet 6 hours on the first run through. With just a 1 in 5 chance of getting the drop. Stop whining, please.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fratar View Post
However dmg is a bit weird...I was soloing a cube (Khitomer) with my defiant, i was on 60% and cube was on 40%. I did evasive manouvers to get away with full shields on my back - i was running away for restealth and final burst for a kill. When on 9th km from the cube i just die...didnt see a projectile etc...
Almost identical to my experience except it was infected and I was 14-16km from tactical cube and had run away to heal. I counted the seconds and I was about 4-6 seconds outside 10km range, had already used Ept shields and structrual..... and BOOM!....DEAD.

Not OK..
Career Officer
# 20
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Changing the difficulty of STFs, in my opinion they made some big mistakes.

1 - They last too long comparing with the drop. Cure space and Kithomer are particulary long. You can play one even for 45 minutes ore more and get useless drops. Being so, they don't worth the time spent playing them.

2 - Enemy damage. Quite often a single shot deals you 45.000 damage even if you have your shields up. I palyed some STF where i respawned just to get another blow of 40-50.000 damege and explode again.

Other nuisances are tolerable, but the two I described make me loose the wish to join a STF.
1- unlike most others here, I do not blame you. Seems you had some bad groups. Hell I had two in a group elite last night using plasma torps n cannons.. boo. And plenty of times in Cure when people just fly around all protecting the Kang.. you ALL cant defend him!

2- Yup, those torps do pack a punch. Keep an eye out for em! And remember.. it is ok to run away and heal then come back into the fight, easier than exploding too much.

Hell, I honestly cant see much left point in doing STF's now that the items will not be account trade-able. Do I need more borg gear to fight the borg to get the gear to fight the borg.. oh wait. Ill avoid you then I have no need. Oh now there is nothing else to do lol ( until S6 hopefully )