Lt. Commander
# 161
06-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
The most common recruitment missions have been moved to NPCs at SFA. The rest are available in the Personal tab. I'm working on rewriting this guide and then moving it to a wiki so that others can update it, but real life keeps getting in the way.
Are the SFA Recruitment misisons repeatable? Or just a one time deal?
Lt. Commander
# 162
06-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
Are the SFA Recruitment misisons repeatable? Or just a one time deal?
Repeatable, the cultural exchange (Andorian, Tellerite and Vulcan) are on a different timer than the ones on the Personnel officer bar General Recruitment, its normally every few days.
Lt. Commander
# 163
06-19-2012, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneywollam
Does anyone have a list of the best duty officers, for each tier, by name?
bump for answer?
Captain
# 164
07-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Fairly late to this. But which planets ae the culutural exchanges for non andorina/tellerite/vulcan officers on. I'm not even sure which planets are visatable, never explored that much atm. Hoping for some quick anwsers :p.
Commander
# 165
07-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Fairly late to this. But which planets ae the culutural exchanges for non andorina/tellerite/vulcan officers on. I'm not even sure which planets are visatable, never explored that much atm. Hoping for some quick anwsers :p.
They show up randomly in your personal tab - so they reset hourly - and are only visible while in certain sectors. Sirius, Alpha Centauri, and Beta Ursae are where you want to look, and keep in mind that they'll only be visible in your personal tab - not sector or dept head - and that also means no one can share them.
Career Officer
Sorry, haven't read the ENTIRE thread, so apologies if this has been answered before/repeatedly...

I just completed 4 DOFF request missions from the Personnel Officer @ SFA & KA and I want to start some new ones. But when I go to the request screen all the options are greyed out. Is there a cooldown timer on these? If so, is it the same every time? Would it be possible for Cryptic to code an actual timer update into the buttons like on so many other missions (such as the Dailies)? I hate the idea of having absolutely no idea when DOFF missions regenerate, especially with fleet starbases (on Tribble) requiring you to give them up on a regular basis now... It seems to me like once you complete the missions they should just be available again unless some timer says otherwise, just like the upgrade doff trade-in can't be used while the mission is in progress but once it completes you can start the next one.

Anyway, if anyone has an idea on the cooldown timers for Personnel Officer DOFF recruitment missions, I'm all ears.

~MG

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 07-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 167
07-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Yes, they have a cooldown. They will no longer be grayed out once the cooldown is complete. I haven't timed it exactly, but it's around 24 hours.
Career Officer
# 168
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
Yes, they have a cooldown. They will no longer be grayed out once the cooldown is complete. I haven't timed it exactly, but it's around 24 hours.
Yeah, just from doing it a couple times, it seems like it.

So, next question. Is the cooldown from the time the mission COMPLETES or the time you TURN IT IN? Feels like it should be from COMPLETES, but seems like it's actually from the time you TURN IT IN? Maybe it's just subjective on my part...

Again, it would be nice if there were a visible cooldown timer on it like Dailies. So one could have some idea of when one needs to log back in to start it up again.

Also, it would be nice if when dropping the mission (by accident), it were to confirm whether you actually want to drop the mission. I accidentally clicked "abort" on a DOFF recruitment mission, when I thought I was on the collection screen. I'm glad I only hit the button once and canceled ONE mission rather than all my recruitment missions. Still, I might have liked to be asked before dropping the mission. Though, I can see how it might get tedious to have to confirm each one individually. But much like deleting characters, it seems like deleting missions might be one of those things some folks would like to confirm. Maybe there should be a pop-up the first time with a check box for "ask me again in the future," which if unchecked would not require you to confirm for subsequent dropped missions this session, but it might ask you the first time the next time you logged in?

Maybe I'm over-Engineering (pun-intended) solutions again, though...

Cheers,
~MG
Lt. Commander
# 169
07-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmirkin426 View Post
So, next question. Is the cooldown from the time the mission COMPLETES or the time you TURN IT IN? Feels like it should be from COMPLETES, but seems like it's actually from the time you TURN IT IN? Maybe it's just subjective on my part...
It's definitely from the time the assignment completes. There have been a few times where I picked up recruitment assignments, then didn't log in for more than four days, came back, turned them in, and started them again immediately.

Last edited by eklinaar; 07-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
Real Life has finally graced me with a little less realness and a little more free time, so I've rewritten and updated this guide! I can't edit the original posts any more due to the web site conversion, but I've wanted to move the guide out of the forum anyway. The new, up to date guide can be viewed at the following link. Please feel free to continue to leave feedback and hold discussion in this thread, unless our moderators prefer otherwise.

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Eklinaar...ruitment_Guide