Captain
# 1 Changing ships
07-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could change ship more ore less the same way as we change our clothes (in character mode; that's what I am talking about)

I have the freigther. If I want to use it/go there, I go to my ship interior, go to the enginering room, choose the freighter, leave the inside of my ship, go to the inside of the ship, and then, I am on my final destination.

I would like to see some streamlining here. A 'skin' change is ok, but a more roleplay appraoch is also possible, like the transport officer beams me to one of my other ships.

BTW, I am a fairly new player, perhaps I am overlooking something and is there an easy way to change ships. If there is, please let me know.
Career Officer
# 2
07-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I'd love to see this as well, I have just got the freighter as well and to visit the bridge to change, return to sector space then visit the bridge again to be on your freighter is a pain, I think using the transporter would be a great way to change ships, have the dialogue come up when you are on the transporter pad with the NPC with options to beam to your frieghter would be a great idea,
Same with shuttles unless there is a way to have a shuttlebay you can visit and actually access any shuttles you have on your roster (sitting in the shuttlebay)
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Don't be lazy.
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate
Career Officer
# 4
07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Don't be lazy.
lmao

its the price you pay for that fancy new ship... well not fancy but .. well.. there.