Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Not sure about the outrage over this. Not everyone that plays the Tholian scenario are going to want Fleet Marks as rewards. This sort of time gatey-ness might give targets for fleets to target running the events for fleet rewards. Everyone else can run it for the standard rewards other times.
Republic Veteran
# 12
07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
Sorry that I dont have 24 hs a day to play a game.. my bad.
The examples I listed you can play anytime and get Fleet Marks. So you don't have to be playing 24 Hours a day.

Last edited by tuskin67; 07-11-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueeenterprise View Post
Not sure about the outrage over this. Not everyone that plays the Tholian scenario are going to want Fleet Marks as rewards. This sort of time gatey-ness might give targets for fleets to target running the events for fleet rewards. Everyone else can run it for the standard rewards other times.
the outrage is that not everyone can make it to timed events because of work/school/sleep or other commitments.

If it was all the time or maybe on a cool down more people could access it.
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
the outrage is that not everyone can make it to timed events because of work/school/sleep or other commitments.

If it was all the time or maybe on a cool down more people could access it.
You see ... THIS I could live with and agree with.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Starfleet Veteran
# 15 Less restrictive alternatives
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I, too, would greatly prefer a cooldown or daily approach to this. I understand that Cryptic may not want people to grind the Nukara ground maps to the exclusion of their other shiny new content, but I agree with all of the other posters who have protested the time-gated approach to the fleet mark awards.

A once-daily or cooldown approach could achieve substantially the same goal without disadvantaging those who are either generally busy with other things or who live in a time zone that isn't conducive to the hours Cryptic selects. Many fleets (mine included) are geographically diverse, and it isn't always easy to gather members together at a given hour.

I would think that allowing users flexibility whenever possible would be optimal. If somebody has only half an hour in a given day to unwind and play STO, it would be nice if they could use that time to do a quick Nukara run for some fleet marks, regardless of the time of day.

Please, devs, consider using a cooldown or daily type limitation for the fleet marks if you feel that you must limit them.
Rihannsu
# 16
07-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
The Tholian Ground event isn't the only event to give Marks.

No win Scenario
Colony Invasion
Starbase Blockade, Fleet Defence, Incursion, and Alerts

All give Marks. so you have plenty of other opportunities.
except those are kinda boring slow and just lots of beams running around just a huge pain and waste of time for so very few fleet marks 15 to 20 for like an hour of beams everywhere.
in tholian you could get 15 in 10 mins. plus they cooldown so you have to keep changing them. only one that was ok is colon invasion. and that is just death over and over.
Career Officer
# 17
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
The thing with the time gating of the Tholian Invasion fleet marks is rather annoying. It is just common sense and courtesy that an international MMO shouldn't have time-gated content with an active time less than 24 hours. Time-gating the main rewards is exactly the same thing as gating the content, just with added frustration for uninformed players who complete the content and don't understand why they aren't getting rewards.

If the invasion had to be changed to lower the rate of fleet marks, numerous better ways have been suggested. For example, give less fleet marks as rewards, with the event giving a small increase to earned fleet marks. Or, award fleet marks via a set of daily wrapper missions. If a wrapper mission for each mission in the zone is too many, maybe group them into sets such as completing all the easy exterior missions, completing all the medium exterior missions, completing all the zone-wide missions, etc.

Almost anything would be better than arbitrarily locking off the rewards unless you play in a designated time-slot.

Last edited by ascendantflame; 07-11-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Career Officer
# 18
07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
PLEASE re-consider the decision to "time-gate" the mission rewards for the Tholian Invasion map. People have lives outside the game you know. We can't always accomodate our own schedules, to fit your artificial time-gated schedule.
I agree with this. There are other events, but sometimes it's just as much about HOW you get the marks as it is THAT you get the marks.

(I'm a complete fan of the other missions by the way, but I LOVE the Tholian Invasion map. I'm happy to pew-pew down there whenever I have time to kill.)
Lieutenant
# 19
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
PLEASE re-consider the decision to "time-gate" the mission rewards for the Tholian Invasion map. People have lives outside the game you know. We can't always accomodate our own schedules, to fit your artificial time-gated schedule.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the missions and things were going to be up permanently and that added rewards would be added at cretin times through the calendar. They have said this in interviews and things but maybe it has changed since
Captain
# 20
07-11-2012, 08:38 PM
was just about to finish a tholian quest and it dropped me right after we will be bringing down tribble , was not impressed about wasting 10 mins